“Wonderful Spirit Cruise”

coldinkansas
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
First off let me say this was our first cruise.

We arrived in New Orleans the day before our cruise and was able to see the sights there.

We arrived at our parking garage on Sunday morning and were delivered to the Cruise terminal around 12:30pm.

Check in was a breeze, had our ship cards and were on the ship in less than 20 minutes. Once on the ship we were able to go to our rooms immediately.

Granted the room was small but it was very comfortable. I think the added room from the balcony was helpful. We met our Room Steward, Joel, right away. He was very attentive to our every need. At this point we were off and exploring the ship. Later we met Dominic and he was as helpful as Joel. It amazed me that it seemed like they knew who I was before I was even on the ship, never forgot my name.

Yes it is an older ship but very nice. I only noticed a few minor areas that might need some cosmetic work but nothing that took away from the ship.

We did not eat at any of the speciality restaurants on the ship, why pay more for meals you have already paid for. We had dinner 2 nights in the Garden Room and they were very good. Portion size was fine for me and maybe even a little to much. We ate most of the time at the Raffels Buffet. The desserts were not all that great but I never went without. We did enjoy room service almost every morning with coffee, fruits and pastries.

We booked excursion for 2 of the ports with the cruise line and were VERY happy with both. Sightseeing in Roatan and Snorkeling with the Stingrays in Cozumel. The other 2 ports we "Free Styled". Oh, in Costa May we were told about a little beach club in the fishing village down town, far south end. Go see Hemi, what a wonderful time, food & drinks and RELAX.

Getting off the ship was almost as easy as getting on the week before. Gathered our luggage, Just a little line for customs and we were back on the road home within an hour.

Like I said at the first, this was our first cruise and it will not be our last. I feel like the money spent was well worth it.

Thank you SPIRIT staff for a trip to remember. See ya again soon.

Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Mid-Ship Balcony

BA11086
We had a balcony room and was very satisfied with it. It seemed a little dated and maybe could use a little cosmetic touch ups but overall we thought it was fine. The balcony had a little rust showing but nothing that a little TLC wouldn't take care of. Plenty of closet space and all of our luggage fit nicely under the bed. We could hear a little noise in the early AM from upstairs but nothing that bothered either of us.

Port
At first we just did the shopping thing but found out about a little beach club down at the fishing village. We grabbed a taxi and went. What a beautiful place to have a drink, lunch and relax. Ask for Hemi and he will Take care of you.

Read 1,411 Costa Maya Reviews
Port
At Cozumel we snorkeled with the stingrays. "Everybody Loves Rays" This was probably the highlight of the trip. The staff was so much fun and very helpful. Neither of us had snorkeled before but is was a breeze. Make sure your mask is tight or water leaks. Enjoyed the beach area after the swim, Met some great people there, had time to sit and relax and hated to see it end.

Read 4,598 Cozumel Reviews
Port
Did the Sightseeing/ Beach tour here. Our guide was from the Island and had only been to the main land once. Very knowledgeable of the area and easy to understand. Went to the Iguana refuge and that was a blast. Big, small and everything in between. Went to Turquoise Bay after the refuge. Nice beach but sand fleas are fierce. Make sure you protect yourselves or you will end up with bites all over.

Read 2,211 Roatan Reviews
Published 06/13/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Spirit Review
Norwegian Spirit Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?