Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by coldinkansas

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by coldinkansas
Norwegian Spirit
Norwegian Spirit
Member Name: coldinkansas
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: BA

Wonderful Spirit Cruise
First off let me say this was our first cruise.

We arrived in New Orleans the day before our cruise and was able to see the sights there.

We arrived at our parking garage on Sunday morning and were delivered to the Cruise terminal around 12:30pm.

Check in was a breeze, had our ship cards and were on the ship in less than 20 minutes. Once on the ship we were able to go to our rooms immediately.

Granted the room was small but it was very comfortable. I think the added room from the balcony was helpful. We met our Room Steward, Joel, right away. He was very attentive to our every need. At this point we were off and exploring the ship. Later we met Dominic and he was as helpful as Joel. It amazed me that it seemed like they knew who I was before I was even on the ship, never forgot my name.

Yes it is an older ship but very nice. I only noticed a few minor areas that might need some cosmetic work but nothing that took away from the ship.

We did not eat at any of the speciality restaurants on the ship, why pay more for meals you have already paid for. We had dinner 2 nights in the Garden Room and they were very good. Portion size was fine for me and maybe even a little to much. We ate most of the time at the Raffels Buffet. The desserts were not all that great but I never went without. We did enjoy room service almost every morning with coffee, fruits and pastries.

We booked excursion for 2 of the ports with the cruise line and were VERY happy with both. Sightseeing in Roatan and Snorkeling with the Stingrays in Cozumel. The other 2 ports we "Free Styled". Oh, in Costa May we were told about a little beach club in the fishing village down town, far south end. Go see Hemi, what a wonderful time, food & drinks and RELAX.

Getting off the ship was almost as easy as getting on the week before. Gathered our luggage, Just a little line for customs and we were back on the road home within an hour.

Like I said at the first, this was our first cruise and it will not be our last. I feel like the money spent was well worth it.

Thank you SPIRIT staff for a trip to remember. See ya again soon.

Publication Date: 06/13/11