“PART WORLD CRUISE SOUTHHAMPTON TO SYDNEY”
Cruise review of P&O Arcadia

twistyo1 Arcadia 3 PART WORLD CRUISE SOUTHHAMPTON TO SYDNEY
twistyo1
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My Wife and I Sailed on the Arcadia ,part World Cruise ,Departing Southhanpton 5th Jan 2011 Disembarking Sydney 13 Feb 2011.

Boarding was very Slow 2hrs to get on Board then another 2hrs to gain Cabin Access.

Our Cabin was E51 a Balcony on E deck ,very Clean and with a Great view.

2nd Day out we Sailed into a FORCE 11 or 12 Violent Storm 9 to 12 mt WAVES

During the storm the ship had to SLOW Down Because of Wave Breaking over the Ship.The reduction in speed meant that Arcadia would be forced to miss her first port of call Ponta Delgada .

When I inquired to the reason I was told that to increase the speed to make up time was to costly .We were very Disappointed.

The Noise of the Ship in the Storm was at times Very scarey.

During the Storm and In rough weather a LOUD Banging noise coming from the Lift well kept us Awake ,when we complained ,we were told that they could NOT fix the Problem .and it would have to wait for the next REFIT.

Luck for us there was more Calm Days than Rough.

The Belvedere Bistro, you had to Queue up Sometimes as they closed one side OFF in think they were short on staff.

The Food was Cold Sometimes

The staff had NO MANNER and that includes the Head Waiter .

After people used a Table and you wanted to sit there, the tables were NOT CLEANED ,and as there was No Table Cloths ,We had to wipe them down ,Breakfast ,& Lunch with a paper towel. Dinner we use a Serviette

Sure the The Waiter removed the Dirty Plates etc .

I spoke to the Head waiter about the problem and he just smiled at me .

The Daily Entertainment in the main Theater was 2rd Rate (compared to the Sun Princess )Cruise Director was all smiles but again 2nd rate & no where to be Found to make comment.

The Daily Entertainment in the Bars was very Good at the start of the Cruise but they seamed to lose interest along the way one group played Moon River Over and Over again,A great song But.

The Picture Theater only seated 30 people with 2000 + on board you had to get up Early.

The Pool , it must have been designed by someone doing work experience, a bit of rough weather and they Closed it,and to make thing worse they tested the water in the Pool around 9am ,a bit late for the Early swimmer after 2000 people swam in it the day before.

The staff on the Tour desk were Not very Helpful to our questions ,my wife went on an excursion in Barbados on her own ,and when she got off the ship she found nobody to guide her to the tour Bus, the problem was that she was not informed by the tour staff on the procedure,as she especially asked for this information.

The one Thing that go up my Nose was the Cost On board ,Hair Cut 39 pound 4 pound for a Pint of Beer and the Exchange Rate was a Joke.

On the Plus Side

Cabin Steward Was First Class

The Meridian Restaurant was Spotless .Good Food & ALL the Were on the Ball

Great Gym with Very Good Equipment With NOO CHARGE.

The Crew in General were Good.

I must mention The Purser How Good was he Top

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Arcadia Review
Arcadia Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?