Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by akacruise: Best Cruise EVER!!!!

akacruise
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Best Cruise EVER!!!!

Sail Date: May 2011

As stated this cruise And especially The Ship far exceeded my expectations. I was very excited to be cruising on The Allure and had very high expectations of the Ship. Everything was beautiful and accommodating. Initially I was annoyed to have to make reservations for the shows; but I actually found this to be a very good process: decreases the possibility of crowding and usually if you forgot or did not reserve it was easy enough to go and wait for the reserved to be seated and then take any seats left. The shows also started on time because of reservations and decreased the amount of people coming in late and crawling over you:) The areas we visited were great and I enjoyed all of them! The cover charges for some dining areas were OK as well and the screens used to find things were very easy to use: you could look up complimentary venues versus those with a price associated so that you never had to guess or be surprised. The Casino was like all others in that I gave a generous More donation for my entertainment:) I wish that ship Casinos would consider free drinks or at least water??

This is not the fault of RCCL but unsupervised children were sometimes a problem; playing on elevators, being rude in lines etc. Where RCCL could be more helpful is with very clear guidelines and ways to enforce them re children. I love children, just don't care for them when they are rude and not properly supervised, which to me is the fault of the parents. The children could easily be injured or even lost and no one will know how it happened.

I have always said that when you board for a cruise and throughout you are treated like royalty; however, on the day you have to leave the ship the quality of friendliness of the staff drastically decreases; as if they no longer have to be as nice to you. On the last night no chocolate on the pillows and no cute animals made from the towels. You are herded like cattle into the required waiting areas and herded again through the areas to vacate the ship. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3

I expected it to be small and it was; however, I did not spend a lot of time in there. At night I could not get cool enough; felt someone else was controlling the thermastat a night?? Alvin was wonderful!!