Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by SuchAVirgo: Majesty of the Seas on Easter weekend
Member Since 2010
Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises
Majesty of the Seas on Easter weekend
Being that we have traveled on the other two Sovereign Class Ships we decided to take the plunge and drive all the way to Miami to try out the Majesty. It was well worth it. This actually made me feel bad for the Monarch as you can tell this ship is taken care of way better.
We arrived at the Port of Miami at 1pm on Friday and quickly parked. We were leary about leaving our new car in the lot but it worked perfectly.
The first day we arrived bright and early in Coco Cay. We went Jet Skiing and it was a blast. Lasted about 1 1/2 hours. The Jet Skis go approximately 50 MPH and the instructor will take you through very rough parts where you can jump over very big swells and get plenty of air time. It was a tour so we followed each other to different places and the guide spoke about each. We had been to Coco Cay many times so we weren't too interested in the tour. I, myself i trouble driving so I made my own tour but my husband was #1 in the group speeding More along.
In Nassau we spent the morning walking about exploring. At noon we meet up for our excursion. We did the Bahamas Beach & Segaway experience. It was awesome. We traveled about 20 minutes out of town and rode in a private beach area. The tour lasted about 3 hours and then they returned us to the port.
We took a nap after returning & finally made it to the Midnight Buffet. It was jam packed and tons of cool little desserts & appetizers. Everything was great except for the pig itself. I have had BBQ pig before and this one was just gross. Everything else was perfect.
Some things we liked better about the Majesty:
1. A first for this class of ship - It had flavored water available. A nice change.
2. Johnny Rockets & the Compass Deli were a nice addition.
3. The soft serve ice cream is on the pool deck so you do not have to get it in the Windjammer
4. The TV Channel that says Bow Camera actually works on Channel 47 & it is fun to see
5. You can definitely tell for one of the oldest ships in the fleet this ship is better taken care of than her sister ships.
6. This ship had more people in our age group..25-35
7. In the main Dining Room, we saw them prepare a special dinner not on the menu for those of different ethnic backgrounds. It was very nice to see them accommodate them to something they preferred.
8. The cabin steward was excellent.
Some things we didn't like better:
1. There was no Welcome Back party for C&A gold members. Only higher members.
2. There was no love & marriage game, unless we somehow missed it???
3. The Dining Room dance at the end was not as entertaining.
4. The Dining Room staff was not as friendly as what we have had in the past.
The food was the same old. Nothing Spectacular but still OK considering there is no cooking involved.
In conclusion, we will definitely sail on the Majesty at any time. Less
Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 9 9522
Disappointment on Majesty
Majesty of the seas review meh...
Another fabulous cruise with R...