Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by bjkost: Great ship Great getaway

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Bermuda Cruises

Great ship Great getaway

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Based on some of the recent postings here on CC I was a bit leery of what we would encounter on the soon to be refurbished Summit. We were not disappointed one bit. The ship was beautiful,the food was great and the service outstanding!

Our room steward Vithal was simply remarkable! He was constantly asking what he could do for us.

DJ Ron and Ashley who ran the trivias were wonderful

The cruise director Damien as well as all the entertainment offered was fabulous!

Not to be missed is Jason Hewlett the comedian/impersonator as is the Acapella grout the Neptunes

The Dancing with Stripes dance competition (Crew members dancing with guests)was really entertaining.

The talent in the production shows was Broadway quality. Although a bit more thought could be put into the sets. Th Celebrity band is one of the best I have heard on a cruise ship.

The last day brunch held in the MDR was so amazing the I felt like I was a wedding. I have been on More 14 prior cruises and have never seen anything and amazing

All public areas were clean and well maintained.

All staff members asked continually if there was anything they could do to make the cruise better.

The only slightly negative comment I have is that more stations should be open for the dinner buffet and there should be a larger choice of desserts on the buffet Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 9009

The balcony cabin was slightly smaller than most I have stayed in at only 170sq ft Older hair dryer located in bathroom instead of on vanity. Couch more the size of a love seat.

Kings Wharf Bermuda provides easy access to all of Bermuda via the ferry and bus system. The 3 day pass for $28 is a steal! You can easily and cheaply get to anywhere you want to go.

The excursions booked on ship are the same price as on shore so don't hesitate to book anything through the cruise ship.

We enjoyed a very nice sunset sail which cost us only $40 (Actually cheaper booked through the ship)

We bussed over to Horseshoe Bay. Spending the day exploring some of the more remote coves on both the eastern and western ends of the bay that should not be missed. They are some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen!

We also bussed and ferried ourselves over to the Crystal Caves and explored St George on our own.