Cruise Review by leeds traveltart: A Cruiseline for people who like sailing.

leeds traveltart
Member Since 2011

A Cruiseline for people who like sailing.

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Other

This is a difficult review to write as I have seen all the negative reviews and I feel desperate to set the record straight. The thing is it's hard to disagree with the main negative points. Yes the ship does move a lot and does moan and groan due to its age and size, yes the main clientele is over 60 and the entertainment is catered as such. However I couldn't have had a better time on the Ocean Countess. The Itinerary, quality of the food and the standard of the evening shows were as good as you will will find on any cruise line. Also a £450pp for 6 nights including tips an over two bank holidays the value was outstanding.

I think most negative views come from the size of the ship. However in my opinion the size of the ship makes for a much friendlier and more intimate experience. you get to know loads of your fellow passengers and the staff alike and you really feel part of it. I really do think a lot of cruisers don't actually like being on the sea. They want to go on More a massive ship where you cant feel any movement and have the world brought to them while they relax and be entertained. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that but I would say the countess is more suitable for people who love the motion of the ocean and like to feel like there traveling as well as cruising.

If I could pick fault I would say that more than one formal night is too much in my opinion. One night where you don the finery, meet the captain and immerse yourself in sense of occasion is lovely. More than once is just inconvenient to me. (It could be my personal preference). Also the equipment in the gym was ancient and barely functional!

All in all hats off to CMV and I definitely look forward to sailing with them again. Less

Read more cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Review >>

I love Bergen! Take the funicular to the panorama for a breath taking view (best 70nok you will spend). Also go behind the wooden buildings where you will find the old viking village Brygen!
Read 174 Bergen Reviews

(5)
Make sure you take the stunning Flam Railway Truly stunning scenery.

Also Check out the reasonably price souvenir shop in port.

Read 83 Flam Reviews