Disney Dream Cruise Review by duchessmommy82: Best Family Vacation Experience

Best Family Vacation Experience

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We had the best experience on our vacation. It was myself, husband and two children 5 and 3. I never felt like there were 4000 people on board. Very few lines ever and no increase in noise.

FOOD

The food was great. Not 5-star, but very good. My favorite was the herb crusted sirloin in Enchanted Garden - YUM! There was always a great selection for the kids and they always managed to quickly get out their food. Our servers Adi and Gilbert were FANTASTIC. For breakfast and lunch we ate at Cabanas. Never a long line and quite a selection on hot and cold foods at both meals. Fresh fruit was available 24 hours and was some of the best I have had this season.

ENTERTAINMENT

We only saw one show on the ship, The Golden Mickeys. It was fabulous and kept the kids attention. We opted out of the other two as they did not interest us. The deck parties and various races and dance parties were fun. Not crowded there either. Great quality entertainment as I would expect More from Disney.

CHARACTERS

Tons of opportunities to meet all your favorites. They are listed in the daily navigator and on an electronic wall on deck 3 next to guest services. Even during switch out of characters, I never saw a kid denied an interaction. Absolutely no one was turned away because it was time for a "break". Since I have seen this happen at theme parks, I was very impressed.

POOLS

Reading the reviews on here, I was expecting to see very little of the pools. I found it to be quite the contrary. Don't expect to be able to do laps, but you can get in and play with you family without feeling like a sardine. Having such young children, we used the Mickey Pool, or as my kids called it Mickey Pond. We went after early seating and found it very empty and fun at the end of the day. Also great was Nemo's Reef. It is covered and glass enclosed so parents have a great view.

KIDS CLUB

Our children did not want us to leave them alone, so we stayed and played with them. They loved playing with Andy's toys and creating their own faries in pixie hollow. My daughter particularly enjoyed the dance floor. All the staff was friendly and fabulous.

Overall I have to say it exceeded my expectations. All the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Even Rachel, the cruise director, stopped what she was doing and showed us to the kids club when we were completely turned around. Absolutely the best vacation I have had by far! Will definetely do it again. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 8514

We had a sit-in porthole window which gave great views. The couch was a bed and one also folded out from the wall. We found there was plenty of space for our family of four to move comfortably. Plenty of closet space and under bed storage. I would suggest a room mid ship because it is closer to all elevators and amenities. If you are in the front of the ship (as we were) you can only get to the top decks through the adult only areas and they frown on children in there.

We did the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter while in Nassau and had a great time with the dolphins and then on the beach. My husband ventured back out in the evening and found many of the shops already closed at 8pm.
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews