Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by islandgirl53: You get what you pay for!

islandgirl53
Member Since 2011

Service Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean Cruises

You get what you pay for!

Sail Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

I realize I paid $80/night for this cruise, but want to warn others about the "inside inside" cabins...lol. This was my 4th cruise...took Carnival Sensation to Bahamas for 1st cruise, Holland America Baltic Sea for 2nd, Carnival Legend 7 night W. Caribbean for 3rd, and Carnival Inspiration 5 night W Caribbean in April, 2011.

I decided to do this cruise with my best friend over spring break. We got a fantastic deal @ $400 each for 5 nights with stops in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but should have upgraded. Embarkation easy in Tampa...do the valet parking for $15 extra. It's worth it. Got right on the ship without any delay, but didn't check sign and sail card for dining time until that evening. Had requested open dining and card said early dining. Maitre 'd switched us to another dining room at 8:00...very nice headwaiter named Stephen.

Cabin had one lower twin bed and a pull-down bunk. The ladder to accesss the top bunk was very unstable so we used the chair in More the room. No table, so the chair was for the small vanity. Only one electrical outlet in the cabin and one in the bathroom. I knew the cabin was going to be tiny, but my brain really didn't compute how tiny until I saw it! Good thing I was with a good friend with whom I had traveled before....

Pool....small, crowded, lots of kids, but that's understandable since it was spring break.

Food....I look forward to the lobster, but they just tasted "off" to me. Lido deck buffet was always crowded, running out of food, avoid if possible!

Ship...ok for a Carnival ship, confusing to get from one end of the ship to the other, one side is "smoking" and the other side is "non-smoking" for the outside decks.

Motion sickness...never happened before but I think I may just need to be able to see outside to avoid. Did have 10 foot waves at one point though. Guest services had motion sickness pills for $3.50.

Service...dining room, great. Room service, fine. Very limited menu for room service.

Staff...Stephen was fantastic headwaiter. Cabin steward rude on last night. He had picked up my bathrobe while I was at dinner and when I asked for a replacement, got rather rude saying it was the last night and he'd have to find a new one...what?! Ok for bargain cruise. If you want a great experience, stick with Holland America. Going on 7 day Alaska explorer with them in July, 2011. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Upper/Lower Empress

Stay away from 1-A!

Took taxi to downtown area....$7.50 for two. Very pushy shopowners. Were checking out the jewelry I was wearing when I would visit jewelry stores and one even tried to tell me my tanzanite ring was fake! lol....the stone fell out and I had it replaced by a top quality US jewelry store and doubt my insurance would have paid for fake replacement! Some store owners downright rude when you politely said "no thanks" to their invitation to come into their store. Sad...since I know that it is a poor country and they rely heavily on cruise ships to make a buck. If you enjoy wandering around on your own like we did, be sure to have your "street smarts" on at all times. Kahlua and rum are good bargains....other liquors, not so much. Did buy Glenlivet single malt scotch for $35.
Read 3121 Cozumel Reviews

Usual cruise shops...Diamonds International, Tanzanite International, did enjoy looking in Cartier. Bought cute dress from outside vendor in the Caymans ....you can get perfume just as cheap online as in the perfume stores.