Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Agnes M: Carnival Liberty

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty

Sail Date: May 2011

Just sailed on the Carnival Liberty for a week and I wasn't overly impressed. This is my 22 cruise and my first cruise on Carnival. I was traveling with a group of 16 and my roommate was wheelchair bound.

Pros: the food for the most part was very good with lots of choices in the dining room. Our waiter and assistant waiter and our room steward and assistant room steward were excellent, Ports were nice.The entertainment was good as was the cruise director.

Cons: This ship layout is absolutely horrible for a disabled traveler and not that much better for able travelers. The signage was awful and it was hard to find Point A from Point B. It is almost impossible to get a wheelchair into the dining room. The tables are very close together and there are stationary round serving platforms between the tables (they don't move) so you can't get a wheelchair around them. The ship also doesn't have a good flow. The dining room was in the aft and the main theater was forward of the More ship on the third floor. You could not get from one end of the ship to the other end on the 3rd and 4Th floors (where the dining, room theater was on 3 and the meeting rooms were on 4. With my roommate being wheelchair bound we were always forced to take an elevator to the 5Th floor- go through multiple narrow, crowded bars and by the casino and finally through the store areas all of which was very crowded. If you were going to a meeting room in the middle of the ship-- they were next to impossible to find - you had to be on the right side of the stairwell and if you took the wrong stairs or elevator you couldn't get there from here. The other big problem was the amount of smoking that were allowed. The whole outside Lido deck always reeked of smoke. Besides being at the tables poolside, smokers would be in the pool and/or whirlpool with a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other. I couldn't sit up there it was so bad as was the casino. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Panorama 1012

My interior cabin was OK, The bathroom was big enough and I did like that the room it didn't have a couch in it that I think just takes up space in an interior cabin. We were on Deck One Forward and it was very quiet which was nice.