Prinsendam Cruise Review by falcon10156

Cruise Date: September 2010
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Middle East
Cabin Category: SS
See More About: Prinsendam Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Prinsendam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Prinsendam Deck Plans
Ancient Splendors - Absolutely Amazing!!
DINING:

The food was absolutely amazing. Due to the itinerary of this trip, I could not eat some meals in the dining room as I had early sitting. We had a table of 8 fixed early and our table companions were fabulous. We got along great. All different ages and from Canada, East Coast US, West Coast US and the Southern US. We would be still sitting there when they were getting ready for the next sitting.

Now the food - the menu was quite extensive with something different every night of the 14 day cruise. They also had some items the same for those that were not as daring to try different types of food. The cold soups were the best I have ever tasted anywhere.

Due to the itinerary, we only ate breakfast in the dining room twice and the lido a couple of times. Most times we ordered room service for breakfast so we could be getting ready. The room service came on-time every day except one and the food was great.

I did not try the Pinnacle Grill as the other food choices were substantial. The chocolate chip cookies are to die for!!!!!

CABINS:

Our cabin was an SS cabin and was an upgrade. It was fabulous. We had a two section bathroom (toilet and sink in one section & bathtub and sink in the other section). This was great. We had a nice walk-in closet. Beds were very comfortable. Fresh fruit delivered daily (per our request at no

ENTERTAINMENT:

The shows were typical Vegas type shows but were well done. The crew show was well worth watching. Some very talented people here. The cruise director and DJ worked at keeping everyone involved.

SPA & FITNESS:

I did not use the pool or gym as I found there was little time. I did have a massage on my last of 4 back to back long shore days and it was great.

"Elegant Explorer" Prinsendam was great. The size off the ship meant you met many people and it was great. As I am in my early 40's, I did find that most of the people on the ship were older but I still had a great time and would travel on the Prinsendam again.

Publication Date: 05/29/11