Crystal Symphony Cruise Review by augalaska

Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: San Francisco
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: E
See More About: Crystal Symphony Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Crystal Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Crystal Symphony Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Crystal Symphony Deck Plans
Crystal Symphony May 9-12 (long)
This was our first Crystal cruise and it will not be our last, we loved everything about it. My husband and I were traveling with my parents. At first we were a bit concerned we would not fit in and be out of place (we are in our late 30's) we feared everyone would be snotty and rude, that was not the case! Everyone we met from other guests to the crew could not have been nicer.

Embarkation was easy, we flew into SFO (San Francisco) and there was a Crystal Representative waiting for us right by baggage claim, she followed us with a cart and helped with our luggage. We waited maybe about 45 minutes until other guests had arrived and then were shuttled off to the dock. Boarding took literally 15 minutes from when we got off the bus to when we were in our room.

The room was just fine for both of us, promenade deck with a picture window. Room was adequately supplied with fruit, sodas, water, nut mixes, great toiletries and a very pretty orchid. We met our stewardess Christy who showed us everything about the room and was super nice and great throughout the cruise, she even decorated our door and made a towel animal on my Birthday.

Food was fantastic my husband was able to try food he had never eaten before and has become a lover of escargot. Our senior waiter and waiter (Renjith and Janice) were excellent. We had requested copies of all the menus on our last day and they brought them for the whole table. We did not see other people with the menus so if you want copies then just ask. The only specialty restaurant we tried was Silk Road and it was good, we didn't try Prego but apparently that is excellent. Breakfast and Lunch we usually ate on the Lido Deck and Norman was great, always knew what drinks we wanted and brought them to us promptly. We also enjoyed going down to the Crystal Cove for before dinner drinks and that bar staff was great as well ( Teo, Bradley and Crystal). We also enjoyed talking to Pandium in the lounge next to the Avenue Saloon.

Excursions: We did excursions in Sitka and Skagway (kayaking and horseback riding) both excursions were very good and informative, Crystal really goes out of the way to make sure they choose really premiere excursions.

Entertainment: All the shows we saw were excellent except my husband was not very fond of the ventriloquist, even our tablemates said he was usually better ( I thought he was OK). DJ Mark was great my husband participated in Karaoke twice and had fun.

Margie the Librarian was so nice, if you participate in the quizzes on sea days she will give you prizes at the end of the cruise. She also has pretty good movie recommendations.

Spa and Fitness Center: Fitness Center was good, I never had to wait or any machines. I had a hot stone massage and a facial and both were very relaxing.

We felt very spoiled on this cruise and definitely have many fond memories to look back on. I'm not sure if we can ever go on another cruise line after experiencing Crystal. I hope we can take another cruise with them in 2012 (New England and Canada).

One other note: This cruise was only half full, I'm not sure if it was because the time of the year or what but it was quite enjoyable to feel like we had the cruise ship to ourselves.

Publication Date: 05/24/11