Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by cici1900

Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: cici1900
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: KK
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
        3-6 1.0

Caribbean Pricess from New York to Caribbean Eastern
I break down the experience into catagory to judge:

1) Experience with some of the waiters and customers are not very nice. The ship is not "kids-friendly" if you want your kid to stay with you all the time. Some of area, you can obviously feel the different treatment.

2)The Captain dinner is excellent and the dessert are extremely good. Over food experience is above average. Of course, cannot compare to some of the famous New York City restaurant. I do have to give credit on the varities of food. I like classic dinner, it fits to my taste/catagory.

Buffet is great. As I mentioned before some of the waiters are not so nice becuase I travel with a 3 years old kid and a 65 years old woman. When I need help to finding a table to seat during the busy lunch hour. Most of them help, but I found 2~3 ppl, even I asked they just tell me to find by myself. He/she actually just standing there doing nothing. and I also saw they are willing to help "others".

3) the entertainment is great, pretty attractive. A lot of on board programs to follow. You will never feel bored

4) only approximate 6 stores to shop, and the goods are limited varity

5) Drinks are great.

6) Room Services is great, but I found out my stateroom is not so clean. When I said not clean means 3 of us feel itchy after we slept there, and we found bite marks, but I am pretty sure it is not bed bugs. I dont know what it is. I do give credit to my M'D, becasue he works really hard to keep the cabinet clean.

7) departure, embarking are really easy and convenient. When the date we arrive the Red Hook, Brooklyn port, it is raining out side, and the port is not ready to take passengers, the cruise managed all ppl to sit and stay in the cruse nicely. Of course, if we can leave on time based on the schedule, it will be better.

8) the sailing experience is pleasant, no sea sickness. The wave is limited, you can tell the captain is very experience and all the arriving are pretty on time.

9) The on Board information are very helpful, and it is easy for first time cruiser to find the correct place in time.

10) Movie under star is really nice. I like the experience.

11) Billing is not very clear. I am still waiting for my dispute service charge. In additional to that, although it is not a kids-friendly ship, a lot of activities, it doesnt allow kids or doesnt provide services to kids, they still charge the service charge to a kid, the same amt as an adult. This is not the same as what they indicated on the internet.

12) never eat in a formal restaurant on the ship, cannot judge it.

13) never join the excursion, cannot judge it.

14) I went to fitness center couple times. the center is small and the trainer is young and in-experienced. Some of the point is just not fit to the fitness concept.

15) a lot of swimming pools, but the temperature is a little bit too low for most of them.

16) Shore Excursions is way too expensive. I can get the same tour myself with half of the price.

Overall, I had great experience. I might consider to re-sail with it after its renovation is done.

Publication Date: 05/23/11