“Outdone themselves!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas

Remyredd Allure of the Seas 4 Outdone themselves!
Remyredd
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Loved the Allure, absolutely beautiful ship, almost too many things to do. I would definitely consider a two week cruise on this ship. A few things have changed. Food wasn't as good as on others ships (in my opinion). I almost felt as though it was intentional to get you to to try the specialty dining (which I did and Chops was AMAZING!) Coffee was horrible, but of course if you want to buy coffee.....No more entertainment in the dining room. The waiters use to sing on Italian night and dance on Caribbean night, but no more :(

They cater to smokers! Many more venues allow smoking. They try to say one side is non-smoking but c'mon, it's smoke! My friend couldn't enjoy her balcony because she was flanked by chain smokers. Boleros seemed like a nice lounge, but I couldn't stand the smoke for more than 5 minutes or smelling like smoke when I left. Same with the Solarium, one side is smoking. Get the gist? If it's going to stay this way, RCCL needs to upgrade it ventilation system, because it stunk, pun intended. If all of that isn't enough...they did away with the clothes line in the shower!!! What's up with that? :) They did add a leg shaving bar! Those are the few cons, the pros way out weigh them.

Kids club or Adventure Ocean was amazing. My 4 1/2 year old son loved it. Central Park was awesome, Service was awesome, the boardwalk was awesome, the location of the venues made more sense and therefore the layout flowed a lot easier. Easier to memorize the ship and venues even considering the size. Never felt crowded. The running track runs the length of the ship and is on it's own deck so you don't have to fight the casual strollers, brilliant! You don't have to wear life jackets to the drill! Solarium is beautiful. They even used it as a back up disco one night when the teens were in the club. Photo system is a lot smoother. Embarkation and Debarkation a piece of cake. You can make free video messages in the "on air" lounge and email them to friends and family, telling them what a blast you're having.

All in All, a wonderful vacation. Looking forward to the next one!

Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Port
Been to Bahamas a few times. Beautiful Island. Took my son to the Atlantis. Only there until 2:00 so felt too rushed to go to the beach or venture too far.
Read 4,116 Nassau Reviews
After a while many of the islands seem the same but I thought in the past you could walk off the ship and onto the island. You have to take the water taxi ($6.00) round trip to get to the main shopping area. (I didn't remember that) I don't think you should have to pay to get onto the island!!! Took a cab to Orient beach. Beaches are free, but had to pay $15 for two chairs.
Read 3,322 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
St. Thomas is beautiful. Did a 4X4 excursion with friends and had a good time. I've been to St. Thomas about 4 or 5 times and this time we docked at a different location so I was thrown off a little, but the new docking area was nice. Went to Sapphire beach, beautiful and clean, saw a few Iguanas, but they didn't bother you :)
Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 05/23/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Allure of the Seas Review
Allure of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?