Celebrity Century Cruise Review by johncavmusic

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Century Cruise Review by johncavmusic
Celebrity Century
Celebrity Century
Member Name: johncavmusic
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Celebrity Century is Great!
From the moment we left San Duego on Saturday until we left the following Sunday in Vancouver, it went very well. We got on cleanly, the buffet food was well cooked and the Dining room restuarant was beautiful. Many selections, The wine steward really loved his job and was able to asnwer many of my questions about wine, serving it,. he even gave us a lesson on how to learn to sense the flavors in wine.

Our room was just above water level, with an outside large window. We got to wake up watching the waves roll by, and really feel like we were on a ship.

The Murano restuarant food was excellent. the only downside here, was that it took a bit longer between some of the courses, and at the end. But this is very personaly and is nto a big issue with me.

The stern of the ship on the 11th deck was great for hanigng out and watching the water, the waves, and the Whales go by.

Unlike Carnival, which pushes drinks on you, we were left alone for most of the strip. If we left an empty glass or dish on our table while sitting there, the staff politely came by and removed them.

The Cruise Director, Rich, was a real genuine person. When he talked to you, he acted liike he was a long time friend, and gave you his attention. My wife and I wondered if he ever slept, becasue we saw him all the time.

And of course, I have to tell everyone that the Band Kenosis was fantastic. We had seen them 9 years ago on the Norwegain line, and loved them. We always hoped to see them again, and as we walked into the room and saw them playing, we recognized the lead singer and the keyboard player. Andy and John introduced themselves and enjoyed thei music every chance we got.

Between the band and hte food and the service, I wodul gladly go on that ship again without a hesitation.

Thank You Century. Loved every minute of it. BTW - My wife and I have been on 6 cruises in the past 10 yeras, and Celebrity ranks as a number one.

I can tell you that