Carnival Magic Cruise Review by dizzymisslizzy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Magic Cruise Review by dizzymisslizzy
Carnival Magic
Carnival Magic
Member Name: dizzymisslizzy
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 4H
See More About: Carnival Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival can do Magic
Booked this cruise last minute with my husband and got what I think was the last room. Despite being an inside it did not disappoint if a little limited in space but that is to be expected. Spotlessly clean and well maintained by the steward who was attentive and friendly. Loved coming back to my towel animals at night! Only negative was that I did not realise I was being charge 4 dollars per day for mineral water not from the mini-bar. Spending 50 dollars on water without me knowing was hard to swallow-pardon the pun! A bit sneaky I think.

Embarkation in Barcelona was very well organised and from arriving in our taxi, to entering our cabin, only took one and a half hour which is amazing when you consider there were 3000 people to get onboard and it was only the 2nd cruise for this ship.

The Carnival Magic is beautifully appointed. I cannot find anything negative to say about any of the public spaces or fixtures and furnishing. Very modern yet with a nod to the Art Deco era in the Atrium I thought. It is comparable to 5 star hotels I have stayed in.

Entertainment is one area that could do with a little spruce up. Two shows I saw were totally amazing. One was an illusionist, I cannot remember the name but it was totally Las Vegas standard. The other was called Grooveline and was a 70 style review-that was great. The show on the last evening was not to my taste at all, sorry Carnival I did not enjoy the male singing country. The onboard band were very good, Blood Power, doing all the classic rock tracks.

I did not attend the Piano Bar but it was always busy. The constant acoustic music in the Red Frog Bar quickly became very waring which is a shame cos the bar was great. I did not rate the other male/female singers who played in the Atrium at all.

Food was fabulous overall the ship and the service was great. Only thing I didn;t like was the sweets at the buffet, not good. I recommend visiting the Italian restaurant for lunch it was great with no sur charge (sea days). Didn't attend the steak house.

Spa was really beautiful but at double the price of home maybe out of some folks price range.

The gym was excellent.

Pool areas/loungers, the usual problem of only 20% of loungers being used at anyone time due to selfish people leaving towels on them all day without use.

The ports of call were great and amazing value for money.

Disembarkation was very swift and easy if a little early for my flight, 6am!

All in all a fantastic holiday I will never forget.

Publication Date: 05/23/11