Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by birketne

Member Name: birketne
Cruise Date: April 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: 2A
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Great cruise through the Panama Canal
My husband and I love longer cruises with multiple sea days. This year instead of a transatlantic and Europe, we decided to go through the Panama Canal. We booked in February at a friendly rate and sailed April 24th.

Boarding was so fast - it took about 15 minutes from taxi to the flute of champagne that Celebrity greets you with. We love Celebrity as a line and it feels like coming home when I board one of their ships. The staff is incredible - they go out of their way to make you happy.

We had a cabin with veranda - not exceptionally large, but there was plenty of room (and hangers) for us.

The sailing was amazingly smooth. I had never sailed in the Pacific and it actually lived up to its name with this sailing. The weather was great until we left Cabo - the wind was cold and no more time was spent on the veranda!

We visited Cartagena, sailed through the Canal, Puntarenas, CR, Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, and San Diego. My favorites were Costa Rica (we sailed the Tarcoles River with the crocodiles - amazing) and Cabo San Lucas (party atmosphere). It was fun sailing into San Diego, having been there many times by land. The Panama Canal was spectacular and the commentators added so much to the experience.

The ship had tons of activities available all day, but little to do at night after 10p. Food was excellent. We tried Select dining for the first time. I suggest making reservations if you want to eat at a certain time at a certain size of table. My husband and I loved meeting new people, so we usually were not picky. We met two other couples that we really enjoyed, so we made reservations every few nights to sit together at a 6-top to catch up on all we had done. I will definitely do select dining again.

We ate in the specialty restaurant, the USS United State, one night - it was wonderful. Well worth the money - it is beautiful and airy, unlike the dark panelled ones on some of the other ships in its class. The wait staff is incredible - a real treat!

This cruise made us Elite with Celebrity, so I am looking forward to many more cruises with them in the future.

Publication Date: 05/22/11