“Great cruise through the Panama Canal”
Cruise review of Celebrity Infinity

birketne Celebrity Infinity 5 Great cruise through the Panama Canal
birketne
Member Since 2007
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I love longer cruises with multiple sea days. This year instead of a transatlantic and Europe, we decided to go through the Panama Canal. We booked in February at a friendly rate and sailed April 24th.

Boarding was so fast - it took about 15 minutes from taxi to the flute of champagne that Celebrity greets you with. We love Celebrity as a line and it feels like coming home when I board one of their ships. The staff is incredible - they go out of their way to make you happy.

We had a cabin with veranda - not exceptionally large, but there was plenty of room (and hangers) for us.

The sailing was amazingly smooth. I had never sailed in the Pacific and it actually lived up to its name with this sailing. The weather was great until we left Cabo - the wind was cold and no more time was spent on the veranda!

We visited Cartagena, sailed through the Canal, Puntarenas, CR, Acapulco and Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, and San Diego. My favorites were Costa Rica (we sailed the Tarcoles River with the crocodiles - amazing) and Cabo San Lucas (party atmosphere). It was fun sailing into San Diego, having been there many times by land. The Panama Canal was spectacular and the commentators added so much to the experience.

The ship had tons of activities available all day, but little to do at night after 10p. Food was excellent. We tried Select dining for the first time. I suggest making reservations if you want to eat at a certain time at a certain size of table. My husband and I loved meeting new people, so we usually were not picky. We met two other couples that we really enjoyed, so we made reservations every few nights to sit together at a 6-top to catch up on all we had done. I will definitely do select dining again.

We ate in the specialty restaurant, the USS United State, one night - it was wonderful. Well worth the money - it is beautiful and airy, unlike the dark panelled ones on some of the other ships in its class. The wait staff is incredible - a real treat!

This cruise made us Elite with Celebrity, so I am looking forward to many more cruises with them in the future.

Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

2A7095
Not a lot of room to move around, but adequate with a love seat, table, and desk besides the beds and night stands. They did put many hangers in the closet for this longer cruise which I appreciated. The balcony sat 2 people comfortably with a table in between.

Port
WE got off the ship and had a beer at a restaurant - I was surprised at how big a city this was, but had no interest in going further.
Read 180 Acapulco Reviews
Great beach areas and party town...lots of shopping and things to do. We did a harbour cruise and enjoyed seeing the sea lions.
Port
Dock is right in the middle of downtown - fantastic for walking around. Lots to do, so get off the ship and see something!
Published 05/22/11
1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Infinity Review
Celebrity Infinity Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?