Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by mfisher59

Cabin Category: 4E
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Triumph Crew
I, my husband, my friend and her husband, took our chances with an October cuise last year. We knew that there was ceratinly a chance to have our plans interruputed since it was hurricane season. Sure enough, we had to make a quick turn and run toward safety instead of going porting at Cozymel and Progresso. The alternate port we took, was Key West. Given the shouts of happiness we heard from the other passengers when it was announced, we were open to it. Of course, the change in itinerary allowed only one day off the boat, which was a little restrictive, but still a nice diversion. The changes apparently affected the crew even more negatively than it did the travelers. Almost immediately, we began to see a demoralization in the wait staff. I had a great experience on Carnival before, but things got so bad that I witnessed a crew member throw her hand up in a woman's face, and say "whatever, lady" more than once! The woman was outraged and the crew member simply laughed at her! Waiters treated us like a bother EACH night at dinner, we eventually had to serve ourselves to drinks at dinner, after our waiter had completely forgotten about our table and our food never came. I had appreciated the pre-paying tips until this cruise. I would never have tipped anyone in the dining room, and was quite upset that I knew they were getting it anyway. There was no speaking to anyone about it. For whatever reason, no one seemed to care. The Maitre'D was even unhelpful.

The disappointment wasn't from the port changes, but from the absolute indignity of the staff on Triumph. I have also sailed on Conquest, which was a dream, but it made me wonder if maybe the staffs in the off season are held to a much lower standard.

We're giving Carnival one more chance before we walk away for good. Same cruise, same boat, different debarkation city. We leave out of Galveston on October 24 later this year................we'll let you know...........

Publication Date: 05/22/11