River Beatrice Cruise Review by jspen40788

Member Name: jspen40788
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Other
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
See More About: River Beatrice Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Uniworld Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated

Ship Facts: River Beatrice Review (by Cruise Critic!) | River Beatrice Deck Plans
Review of Enchanting Danube on River Beatrice
We just returned last week from the Enchanting Danube cruise on River Beatrice and really enjoyed our first river cruise. We did the pre-cruise in Prague and found the hotel (Imperial Art Deco) to be lovely as was our local contact, Jana. The excursions around Prague were great and it was also an easy city to get around in ourselves for sighteseeing, shopping etc. Boarded the ship in Passau which was a 4 hour bus ride through some beautiful contryside.

The River Beatrice is a beautiful ship, fairly new. We had a suite which was wonderful because it came with FREE laundry service! The decor of the ship was elegant. I was not sure I would like the system of earphones and boxes for the tours but actually it was very nice. It allowed you to wander a little and still hear the guide. Very nice.

The lounge and dining room were both lovely, never a problem finding a table. We did eat dinner in the Captain's lounge one night. That was a nice, intimate dinner that you had to sign up for. There was a set menu for that. I never saw the spa or the exercise room! I loved the fact that right on our floor was a little coffee bar where you could always get coffee, cappucino etc.

People did dress a little nicer for the Welcome and Farewell dinners, mostly ladies in slacks with fancy tops and many men did wear jackets, but not all.

Breakfast and lunch were buffets (plenty of choices) and dinner usually had a choice or 3 entrees. The food was very good. So was the wine. We found the excursions to be good, very knowledgeable local guides. The cruise director, Christina, who has since left for another Uniworld ship, was excellent as were all of the employees.

I would definitely do another river cruise. My only caveat would be that it would be on a newer ship, such as River Beatrice. We boarded a sister ship one day in Port that was an older ship but refurbished. I did not care for it, it seemed much smaller with lower ceilings etc. I would recommend Uniworld but on the newer ships.

Publication Date: 05/22/11