For those of you wanting something out of your next cruise, remember what you put into it is what you get from it. We booked this cruise the 1st week in February because of the itinerary thru the Panama Canal & our first time to the Pacific Ocean & Western US. We had used Cruise Critic (CC) Reviews from our Celebrity Millennium Southern Caribbean 11-day cruise in April of 2010 to plan our excursions on the 8 ports we stopped at. This time, we signed up for the Cruise Critic cruise boards to post on & review others comments & ideas. We were pleasantly surprised to have a few people that took the time to set up a web page just for our cruise & posts a ton of info on each port so as what to expect at each destination which proved valuable to us.
We were impressed from the time we boarded (Easiest ever to get on-board) to the morning we got off. What we expected was what we received & more.
1) Having a group of people thru CC web site knowing names,faces, where from, & cabin #'s & setting up excursions with them before the cruise & CC Connection meetings during the cruise made new friends.
2) A great group of new friends made from our 2nd seating Dinner time. Looked forward every night to dinner. An "Incredible Waiter staff to serve us (Thanks Ivan & Chong)
3) Having a great band in "Kathleen & The Saints" that found & played every dance tune we requested including the original "Paso Doble". It made every night fun to look forward to giving us a couple of hours every night to dance & again meet new dance friends. (As a side note we learned to dance at home 11 weeks before the cruise from DVD's bought from a dance studio website so we did not have to just sit & watch like most do on a cruise.)
4) Great food & entertainment most every night (nice variety)& great service throughout the cruise
5) Ease of getting on & off the ship at ports.
6) A very nice Gym to work out in every sea day.
7) A super room steward & assistant (Thanks Geme).
8) Great weather!!!!! Too bad can't give Celebrity credit for this.