MSC Musica Cruise Review by Marian Paroo

Member Name: Marian Paroo
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: MSC Musica Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Musica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Musica Deck Plans
1st cruise ever - not at all disappointed and will be back!
I wound up on this cruise because an old school chum recommended that since I live in Tel Aviv, that I hop on a plane (two planes, actually, had to change in Rome) and join her group taking this cruise in Rome.

Seemed a great idea - seeing and old buddy, joining a group going by the title of "Science and Secular Values, not sailing on one of the dreadful (I have to admit) cruise lines.

I am trying really hard to think of something that I did not like. Cabin was good sized, I was only one, but I think it would be fine for any reasonable couple. View partially obscured by tender, but still plenty of light coming in. Tiny complaint about the shower - it wasn't glazed in all the way, one side had a curtain, but it was 80 cm X 80 cm - pretty standard in local bathrooms - and when I saw some of my fellow cruisers at the buffet, I could understand why - some of them would never fit in a shower of that size.

Corridor layont was fine, plenty of elevators, although when I had 3 floors or less i would take the stairs.

MDR food fine. Good variety, but I went for the Italian regional every night. Nice to eat the kind of Italian food one cant find in the place down the block. I found the prices of wine reasonable, after all, you pay more than cost in a restaurant, too. Definitely did not like having to pay for bottled water (but couldn't find a single place on land while in Venice that gave you free tap water) and coffee/tea. Felt that later should have been included with meal. Buffets could be crowded at lunch, less so at breakfast. Great variety of food

at both breakfast and lunch buffets. People no more pushy than anywhere else in the Mediterranean or Middle East, although I know a lot of Americans complain about that on MSC cruised.

My group provided it's on enrichment, so I can't comment on what was onboard. Went to one show, cute, it an old fashioned Ed Sullivan type of way.

The one tour I took (through the ship) - Santorini - was fine.

Ship was one of the cleanest places I have even been in my life. Self dispencing alcohol gel dispensers everywhere, no need to touch the buttons. Afternoon clean up in the cabin with the turn down, but no chockies :( - did feel that was a tad nickel and diming.

Plenty of deck chairs. Kids seemed either to be at their own activities or well under control by their parents, and I was a bit worried about that -- kids cruise for free on MSC, it being Italian. But the bambinos I saw were calm, well mannered and adorable.

Debarkment a bit tedious and long, but well organized according to the needs of the passengers (disabilities, people catching planes, going on another cruise, etc.). I think people are always a little blue and stressed at going back to their everyday lives.

Will definitely travel MSC again.

Publication Date: 05/22/11