Disney Wonder Cruise Review by brisgal

Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 5C
See More About: Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Disney Wonder Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Wonder Deck Plans
Inaugural Cruise to Alaska.
This was my husband's and my fourth cruise and our second with Disney. We had forgotten how wonderful cruising with Disney was as our first cruise was with Disney and then we were on two different cruise lines for cruises 2 and 3. Don't get me wrong, the other two were great as well, but there is something special about Disney.

The couple we were traveling with had never been on a cruise before, and I think they were very skeptical. They were a bit nervous as well. I am very happy to report that they loved it and will do it again. In fact, my friend just commented the other day that she could have used another sea day. Yep, she's a cruiser!!

There was such a feeling of excitement on board because of this being the inaugural cruise. I've decided that I'm going to be on the look-out for inaugural cruises so I can go on all of them! Everybody on board, including the crew, were festive and full of wonder as we sailed through such pristine land. It was so much fun watching the crew run out on board taking pictures of the scenery. It just added to the fun.

Tracy Arm, our second day at sea, was the highlight for me. I have never seen such beauty. We were surrounded by it. It was pristine. I felt like we were the first and only people to ever have been there. Seriously, it felt magical.

Publication Date: 05/20/11
Read the Alaska ports review by brisgal
More Disney Wonder Cruise Reviews