Disney Magic Cruise Review by sswklr

Member Name: sswklr
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 7A
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Fun and enjoyable!
We had a great time on the Disney Magic. We had a Category 7A Stateroom and went to St. Thomas, St. Marteen and Disney's Private Island.

We enjoyed St. Thomas and loved Castaway Key. We rented a cabana and it was absolutely fabulous. We rode jet ski's and enjjoyed the cabana. We did not care that much for St. Marteen. It was nice, just not that exciting. We loved St. Thomas and did a fair amount of shopping there. We rented a taxi at the port and it was worthwhile! We spent $25 per person and they drove us around the island. Very worthwhile and less expensive than the ship.

Getting on board at the terminal was easy and well organized. It was neat getting on the ship and they welcome you by announcing you as you board the ship and people clap for you. Our room was clean and we loved our dinner servers. The waiter and assistant head waiter were absolutely fantastic.

The only issue I had was a piece of plastic in my taco meat at Goofy's Pool Snack Bar. I mentioned it to the staff and that night at dinner the head chef prepared a special dinner for our table. He made lobster and filet mignon and chocolate covered strawberries and the chef came out and personally apologised. Wonderful customer service and I did not even care after all the royal treatment!

I got a sinus infection and had to visit the ship Dr. Very professional and they gave me antibiotics and I was better quickly.

All in all, I would recommend it again. We enjoyed the Adult Only areas as we did this cruise with no children.

Disney has one staff for every 2 guests on board and I believe it. There was always someone around to help or answer your questions.

Nice job Disney!