Disney Magic Cruise Review by sswklr: Fun and enjoyable!

sswklr
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fun and enjoyable!

Sail Date: May 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We had a great time on the Disney Magic. We had a Category 7A Stateroom and went to St. Thomas, St. Marteen and Disney's Private Island.

We enjoyed St. Thomas and loved Castaway Key. We rented a cabana and it was absolutely fabulous. We rode jet ski's and enjjoyed the cabana. We did not care that much for St. Marteen. It was nice, just not that exciting. We loved St. Thomas and did a fair amount of shopping there. We rented a taxi at the port and it was worthwhile! We spent $25 per person and they drove us around the island. Very worthwhile and less expensive than the ship.

Getting on board at the terminal was easy and well organized. It was neat getting on the ship and they welcome you by announcing you as you board the ship and people clap for you. Our room was clean and we loved our dinner servers. The waiter and assistant head waiter were absolutely fantastic.

The only issue I had was a piece of plastic in my taco meat at Goofy's Pool Snack Bar. More I mentioned it to the staff and that night at dinner the head chef prepared a special dinner for our table. He made lobster and filet mignon and chocolate covered strawberries and the chef came out and personally apologised. Wonderful customer service and I did not even care after all the royal treatment!

I got a sinus infection and had to visit the ship Dr. Very professional and they gave me antibiotics and I was better quickly.

All in all, I would recommend it again. We enjoyed the Adult Only areas as we did this cruise with no children.

Disney has one staff for every 2 guests on board and I believe it. There was always someone around to help or answer your questions.

Nice job Disney! Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck Five 7566

Close to laundry room. Quiet room and nice balcony. Bed was extremely comfortable.

All in all this was a nice port. We did an organized tour of the Island. The tour was informative and worth the money. Was OK, but not fantastic.

Cleaner than St. Martin. Went on our own tour and we enjoyed it and enjoyed the shopping. Fun town.
Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews