Carnival Dream Cruise Review by kiwigirl1972: Amazing trip of a lifetime April 30 - May 7 2011

kiwigirl1972
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Amazing trip of a lifetime April 30 - May 7 2011

Sail Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I booked my cruise in January 2010 and spent time reviewing and researching. I had read mixed reviews but was not worried as I find many people just like to find something to moan about. If you go on the Dream and don't have a great time it's because you choose not!

Embarkation and Debarkation were excellent - extremely well organised.

The food in the dining room was to die for every single night - not a single complaint - it was always cooked just how I like it and the service was fabulous. I had the warm chocolate melting cake every night and I think I'm having withdrawals now! The food on the rest of the ship was also great with lots of choices. I loved the pasta bar and the tandoor. I never encountered long lines etc. at all.

Pools - they were busy but still plenty of room for all. Didn't try the water slide.

The entertainment was first class - no chance of ever getting bored as there was always something to do. The night time shows were simply amazing More and I also loved the comedians at the late night adult shows - so funny!

Butch and George did a fantastic job - after one meeting always greeted me by name for the rest of the cruise.

Overall this was just a dream trip. I made lots of new friends and did all that I hoped to do. A week at Disneyworld after wards just topped it off. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Vista 9478

Cabin 9478 was AFT balcony just under the lido deck. There was a little noise of scraping chairs above but no bother at all and not at times that were an issue. I loved the over hang above the balcony from the lido deck - kept the smoke away and gave shade when needed. Very spacious room.

The port o Belize itself is nothing special but I did the Altun Ha and River Wallace excursion (through Carnival)and it was very informative and fun and a great chance to get out and explore Belize. The river section allowed so much time to see the wildlife. The only thing I didn't like was lining up for a long time with no shade in scorching heat to wait for the tender back to the ship. Big plus to Carnival for being there with free cold drinks though.

Aother lovely port. Spent the day at the pool at the port and doing some shopping. A nice, relaxed way to finish my cruise.

Had an amazing time here. I did the Isla Pasion with Twister excursion (through Carnival) and it was a blast! Horje and Willy were our speed boat drivers and they certainly made for a fun time!
Read 3140 Cozumel Reviews

Mahogany Bay is simply a beautiful port. I didn't venture any further. I just used the magical flying chair to the beach and spent the day there with friends/ Loved it loved it, loved it.
Read 1660 Roatan Reviews