Disney Wonder Cruise Review by lagunamellie: I thought Disney was for kids

Disney Wonder 0
lagunamellie
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

I thought Disney was for kids

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

Wow! I had no idea that there is a counter culture of adults for whom Disney is their church. This group likes to camp out in front of the stores in sleeping bags awaiting limited edition pins and fight for T-shirts whenever they are strategically stocked in the stores. They also like to interrupt childrens programs to answer trivia questions intended for children and dress up in costumes and break out in Disney songs all the time. They treated the Characters like celebrities.

Wow. I was kind of disturbed by all of this.

We went on a family vacation with our two small children, but felt like complete outsiders by all of the obsessive adults on board without children.

The chldrens programs were pretty pathetic. The staff did not entertain the children at all and my children were really scared to go there after the first day. So this was not the relaxing vacation we were hoping for at all. Disney, do you really think you can let toddlers fend for More themselves? It may be okay for 10 year olds, but you can't group 3 and 10 year olds together with minimal supervision and expect for it to go well. Pretty shocking for Disney.

The food was disgusting. I was so upset that I had to put such greasy, low quality food into my kids bellies for 7 days! Hard pancakes and waffles, greasy pizza, gross chicken fingers. Yuck! And the sodium in the food for adults was really noticable. I really did not feel well after eating this for so long. If you are health conscious, there just aren't any options for you. I was so relieved to get off the boat and find healthy food! I would pay so much extra for it too if it would just be an option!

We were bored a lot. There was hardly any live music. That was odd. The ship was eerily quiet.

Not our cup of tea I guess. Less

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X