Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Canadian-Cruiser: Great 1st Cruise Experience

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Great 1st Cruise Experience

Sail Date: May 2011

This was our first cruise as a gift from my parents. There were 10 of us including my brother, his family and my parents. I have to say, for a first time cruise, we were impressed. The ship was always clean, the stateroom service was excellent and our dining service was beyond with our waiter Edwin and Joel. The food was always good and the crew were always wanting to ensure we were pleased. I must admit, the prepaid gratuities took me for a loop at first, but the service was worth it. I would have complained other wise.

The only negative experience was the embarkation process. We were STUFFED in the terminal for a long time waiting to board. My parents could not sit and they needed to because they are not in the shape they once were. My Mom was in pain the whole week because of this one day. No one offered any help either. It seemed like mass confusion and it was not a good first impression. They said that that there was a problem with some guests getting off the More ship from the previous cruise, but we later found out that this is the normal process ... it really needs to be improved ... especially for those rude individuals who could see an elderly lady in pain and not even offer her a seat ... even after making it know she needed to sit. On top of this we had 4 small children with us who were tired and hungry. However, they did really well considering the situation. The port staff seemed clueless!!! Also, they porters that take your bags when you arrive actually ask for a gratuity ... that was tacky ... and they didn't get it! They would have if they hadn't asked for it so rudely.

Anyway, after we got on the ship, we made our way to the Lido deck where they had food ready and waiting ... it was GREAT! Chicken Fingers, hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, etc. That's just one area. There was a deli and burrito bar as well. Aside from the embarkation, the cruise itself was great! We book an excursion with Carnival while on board and they tok care of us.

We will definitely be sailing with Carnival again ... we will just plan the embarkation different. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Oceanview Main 2432

Our cabin was nice and I would say average. There was nothing special to note. Although the cabin service was beyond fantastic.

This was a nice port and the people were friendly, but it could be boring if you have nothing booked. We went on the Mayan Ruin and Speed Boat River Tour. It was Terriffic. The guides we GREAT!!!!!!!

Fantastic port and our favourite!!! Lots to do here and the beach is the best out of all ports! We did the dolphin swim excursion here and it was spectacular! There is no end to the fun and things to do here. I wish we had more than one day here for sure!
Read 3137 Cozumel Reviews

Gran Cayman was nice, but it's boring if you don't book an excursion. The beach was nice.

Very nice and the people are beyond friendly. This is a great place to get some souveniers becuase many are hand made by the locals and not made in China. The beach was beautiful and well organized with beach chairs and shade tents ... no extra charges!
Read 1660 Roatan Reviews