Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by railroad_dude: Thank You Carnival

railroad_dude
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Sail Date: May 2011

I went on my cruise on the Carnival Liberty on May 7th out of Miami, FL. I was a little apprehensive because it was my first real vacation since I lost my wife two years prior. At first I was a little depressed because I saw all the young love and remembered how I no longer had that since i was sailing alone. After a couple of days on the ship I decided to try to check out the karaoke. I watched a little of it and thought this doesn't look too hard, so i signed up to do a song, and when the karaoke hostess Jennifer called my name, I came on stage. I was petrified! Jennifer made me so at home and comfortable my cares just started to melt away, she gave me a little good natured teasing about being a "Karaoke Virgin" and it made my day and my nervousness began to dissipate. I think I would up doing three songs that night, and I kept coming back every night thereafter! Jennifer to say the least was just wonderful and then I met some other wonderful people and eventually signed up More to do an audition for the Carnival Legends show on the last night of the cruise and was selected to do the part of "Frank Sinatra"(of which i screwed up royally LOL). The weird part was, even though I screwed up, everyone laughed with me and not at me and I felt wonderful! Thank you Carnival and thank you for hiring Jennifer, she made me feel alive again. Shes the best!!!!

I was impressed also by a bartender named Arnold and my cabin steward Romulo. A DJ named Ace was wonderful and a waiter named Cam (who I called John) in the golden Olympian restaurant was just a lot of fun to be around and made me look forward to coming to dinner. Jenn and Kevin the cruise director and assistant cruise directors were also wonderful and thanks to all I had the most wonderful vacation ever!

One day I heard that someone had gotten sick in the forward pool on the Lido deck. When it was brought to the attention of the staff of carnival, they immediately closed the swimming pool, drained it, and scrubbed it, literally for hours! I have never seen anyone do such a complete and thorough job of cleaning. They cleaned and scrubbed with scrub brushes, every square millimeter of that swimming pool from top to bottom and inside and out. They didn't moan or gripe about doing it, and did not refill the pool until they were satisfied that it was spotless! Trust me, I was impressed at how conscientious a job they did and how the senior staff made sure that it was done right. I didn't think they had to check the workers though, they did a wonderful job without the bosses looking over them.

At another point in the cruise I broke my eyeglasses. A customer service agent, Vivian, was unable to find a screwdriver to fit but she used another piece of thin metal, but told me that the screw was broken off in the glasses. Did she just say she was sorry and shrug? Nope! She found some super glue and fixed it for me!

Carnival? You should be proud of your people! I know I came away from that cruise knowing that my next cruise? MOST DEFINATELY CARNIVAL!!!!!

Thanks for making me feel alive again.

John Jensen Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Verandah 8202

Cabin was great! Beautiful views and so clean you could eat off the floor. Spacious too!

took the twister boat to Passion Island! WOW!!!!! what a thrill!
Read 3140 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman Tiki beach

Wonderful and relaxing!

Great staff on bus 111! went to Dunn's River Falls and Bamboo beach. Dunn's River Falls itself was amazing, but hated how the guides were practically demanding tips and how you had to pass through the Gauntlet of shops as you exited the falls and you get relentlessly hounded to buy the souvenirs and if you didn't they were quite rude to you. This had nothing to do with Carnival, but the locals were just awful there. The bus staff however was wonderful and when they took us to bamboo beach they waited on us hand and foot and tipping was hardly mentioned at all and they were wonderful to us and kept us entertained and full of food and spirits!