Carnival Dream Cruise Review by garrethe: Carnival Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Dream

Sail Date: April 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

The good:

The ship is beautiful. Embark was a breeze. The easiest boarding I have ever encountered. I wasn't expecting that considering the amount of people the ship holds.

The OK:

I have always wanted to give my cabin steward and waiter extra money on previous cruises and I felt they always went above and beyond. Not this cruise, both were just mediocre.

The barely above functional:

The food was just barely ok. This doesn't refer to the steakhouse as we didn't try it.

SOOO MANY PEOPLE. PEOPLE EVERYWHERE. REALLY LONG LINES FOR EVERYTHING.

The bad:

The outdoor TV. The sound was ok during the day but we went to watch a movie and just couldn't hear it. Thought it might be just one of those low sounding movies. Went a couple of nights later to watch the new Harry Potter movie and couldn't hear it either.

Having to go up and down levels just to get from one end of the ship to the other is certain places. Just annoying. More The elevators, I guess as many people as the ship holds there is no way to make this a good but it didn't have to be bad. On the plus side I actually lost weight going up and down the stairs. Haven't had that happen on a cruise before. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Vista 9472

The balcony was amazing but you give up room size to get it with this room. I'm sure the sq foot is the same as other balconies but there is a long hallway that eats up alot of that.