Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by mevans4876

Member Name: mevans4876
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: B4

Worst Cruise Ever
First of all worsew cruise ever! The room was very small, the bed was too short for even average people i am 5'6 and feet hung off bed. The storage was hidden! I didnt realized until i unpacked there were hidden drawers we missed and suitcases would have fit under bed.. but it was too late after i crammed everything in cabinet and few drawers that were visable..

Room should have come with instruction book! Lights were very hard to figure out! It took me two days to get it meanwhile i had to dress for bed in dark!

The first day leaving from miami was fine just tired from 6 am flight so didnt stay out late then back in room light on phone bothered us but didnt figure out how to turn it out for a few days..

the second day sunday at see buffet breakfast, eggs were cold.. well husband had his made.. Lunch I ate a salad the beginning of the nightmare. Soon afterwards i fel sick to stomach but was able to stay out by pool till we got ready for dinner salad came from buffet. After my shower I felt extremely nauseas i tried to control it with mountain dew to no avail.. I then had diarhea and went to ships doctor since i couldnt stop vomiting.

Doctor said it was a stomache virus but I was not convinced i believed it was food poisioning. I received a shot for nausea and imodium. I was told not to eat anything for 12 hours and would not be allowed out of cabin until after i was well an additional 24 hours. Well I didn't eat dinner, and was fast asleep when got back to cabin slept till lunch time. The doctor didnt give me specific on what i can eat so ordered hot dog from room service since there wasnt much else on menu.. I was very weak by dinner so i order hamburger and chocolate cake I felt well enough and doctor said since i didnt ythow up since the night efore could leave room at 730 i waited till 900 to see comedy show. I felt nauseas and constipated..

After comedy show went to bed. The next morning constipated and nauseas sent hubby out for breakfast, he got me fruit. Upon eating the fruit I got sick and the d came back.. Went back to doctor again told it was stomache virus and i should have eaten bland food then i get the correct list and received meds again along with the imodium.. We were in st marten but was only able to see from balcony. stuck n room even though after a couple hours d was gone and i was wide awake, just litttle nauseas from constipation.. My husband was out partying on pool deck ! While i was stuck in room by myself with tv but not much on.. but i did learn how lights work and phone light turns off.. Finally when i was able to eat i tried to order what dr said to eat jello, crackers and toast all i got was crackers and toast. I was stuck in room all night after fighting with my husband he went to party some more! must be nice..

The next day I was released and able to leave room after 1130 missed our excursions and only had ttime to port shop and have lunch.. I was still sick to stomache and constipated, so all i was able to eat was half of a chicken sandwich.. We came back went to pool deck again i got to watch husband drink while i was not able to.. later we took showers, got dressed up And went to eat. Afterwards took some pictures, went to white hot party I did have a glass of wine and small mai tai.

Bed, the next day was a sea day. We went to the pool and I was able to eat normally.. but still sick to stomach and constipated however when i drank the fruit drink i got threw it up but was fine afterwards did not get d. but at this point i know something is wrong with the fruit and the salads..

We had a good day regardless.. showered and ate at dining room we had reservations for ice bar that night. after i ate got little sick again because I couldnt potty.. My husband said the chicken was cooked and didnt eat much of it but he got sick..

We still made it to ice bar but didnt drink alcohol and two am my husband was very sick and we went to dr.

The next day i had to get up at 9 am to pick up booze he bought and ccancel excursion in naussau.. afterwards went to pool deck..by myself since hubbie was stuck in room.. I met others that also got food poisioning and one who had a rash from it..

He called doctor after dinner asked if he could see blue man and he was able too.. We saw them then went to bed ready for the end of this nightmare cruise.. the next day I awoke with a migraine.. And my hubbie just wanted to hurry and rush me off the boat.. at one point he wanted to use stairs i told him i couldnt.. then we got in cab finaaly airport..

I was still ill for two days at home then i finally recovered.. my husband was over his in less than 24 hours..

We had been on a norweign before the spirit the food was bad there so we paid for good food at the specialty restraunts..

Publication Date: 05/18/11