“May 2011 Serenade of the Seas Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas

VT_Cruiser Serenade of the Seas 4 May 2011 Serenade of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
VT_Cruiser
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My wife and I took this cruise with another couple. The ports of call were good, with St. Maarten and St. Lucia topping my list. RCI had lots of activities planned. The food was very good, and the dining room service was also very good.

I did not like how the smoking areas were set up on this ship. I am a non-smoker. At the Windjammer Cafe, one has to walk through one of two partially enclosed smoking areas to get to the outside seating. There were also partially enclosed smoking areas on the main pool deck, adjacent to the main deck area. I have no problem with allowing smoking, but I wish more was done to separate the smoking and non smoking areas of the ship.

The Quest event was a great time, and two comedy/variety shows I saw were very good. I thought that the musical/dancing shows, by the ship's talent and the visiting talent, were mediocre.

The Solarium pool area was great for cooling off after a day in the hot sun, and was very clean and quiet (adults only).

Overall, this was a good experience and I am likely to sail RCI again.

Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

Definitely the most to see and the most likely to satisfy a wide variety of people. Maho Beach is a must see, unless you don't like the thrill of planes flying only a matter of feet above your head. It is worth waiting for a big plane, such as an international arrival from Europe.

Lots of shopping on both the French and Dutch sides of the island, and many areas are well kept.

I've been there once and I can already see that I could spend a whole week on just this island.

Read 3,326 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 05/18/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Serenade of the Seas Review
Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?