Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by VT_Cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by VT_Cruiser
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: VT_Cruiser
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
May 2011 Serenade of the Seas Eastern Caribbean
My wife and I took this cruise with another couple. The ports of call were good, with St. Maarten and St. Lucia topping my list. RCI had lots of activities planned. The food was very good, and the dining room service was also very good.

I did not like how the smoking areas were set up on this ship. I am a non-smoker. At the Windjammer Cafe, one has to walk through one of two partially enclosed smoking areas to get to the outside seating. There were also partially enclosed smoking areas on the main pool deck, adjacent to the main deck area. I have no problem with allowing smoking, but I wish more was done to separate the smoking and non smoking areas of the ship.

The Quest event was a great time, and two comedy/variety shows I saw were very good. I thought that the musical/dancing shows, by the ship's talent and the visiting talent, were mediocre.

The Solarium pool area was great for cooling off after a day in the hot sun, and was very clean and quiet (adults only).

Overall, this was a good experience and I am likely to sail RCI again.

Publication Date: 05/18/11
Read the Eastern Caribbean ports review by VT_Cruiser
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews