Zaandam Cruise Review by oliverbc: The best cabin ever.

oliverbc
Member Since 2009

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Zaandam Mexican Riviera Cruises

The best cabin ever.

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

We chose the sea of cortez cruise because we had never been in this area before.I would have liked another ship just for variety. The event that marked my change of heart was the upsell to a superior suite.We have never experienced such a spacious lovely cabin before.I ordered a scooter this year and there was a lot of room to store the scooter in the entrance. The neptune lounge is amazing with Paul our concierge ( what a nice young man)a fantastic coffee machine that replaced the regular ship coffee ( weak) and lots of gatherings of the captain and officers and interesting people.We always choose as you wish dining and did find one evening when people seemed a little grumpy waiting.Our cruis had some engine and weather problems so ports were changed and skipped.This did not impact us but others were disappointed.

We love to play trivia and this proved popular with a large group. Little cost and lots of bonus.I think HAL should promote Karaoke as well. Again low cost big More turnout. Some cruise lines run Karaoke 2x a day with a contest at the end.We attended cooking demos but did not find the evening entertainment to our liking.I think our cabin service meals were better than the dining rooms. I would recommend the sommelier dinner to anyone that enjoys good food and wine and interesting dinner mates. We were honoured to be invited to a renewal of a couples wedding vows.The couple had travelled from Bermuda for this cruise..We enjoyed our cruise and look forward to the next. I just have to figure out how to afford a suite again. Less

Read more Zaandam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Zaandam Review >>

Cabin review: Zaandam Deluxe Verandah Suite Navigation 7010

Fantastic cabin. Did not want to go home.