Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by lovenotmakewar: Fantastic Entertainment!

lovenotmakewar
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic Entertainment!

Sail Date: May 2011

There is nothing negative I can say about my trip on the Liberty. The buffet and the dining room had great food and friendly staff. There is also a sushi bar. The staterooms were cleaned multiple times daily and had more than enough storage space. There is a giant screen by the main pool so you can watch movies in the pool. The best part about my trip was the entertainment. There were multiple comedy shows daily (R rated and PG rated), karaoke, live music of many genres, trivia games, basketball, volleyball, Vegas style shows, wacky competitions, dances, parties, crafts...I did not get very much sleep on my vacation because there was so much to do and it was all fun.

My only advice is that you should not buy any shore excursions/tours on the ship. They are very expensive. Once you leave the ship, there will be plenty of locals at the port waiting to sell you the same excursions/tours for a fraction of the price.

The cabin was cramped but there was lots of storage More space and it was cleaned multiple times daily. It was quiet except for the last night when there was noise periodically throughout the night in the hallway from passengers (trying to live up the last night I suppose). The beds were comfortable and room service is complimentary (but you have to tip the staff). There was wi-fi in the cabin but it was quite expensive at 75cents per minute. The TV had a couple of major channels and 3 all-day movie channels, as well as pay-per-view. The cleaning staff made different towel animals daily to leave on your bed. It was delightful. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Interior Riviera 1307

The cabin was cramped but there was lots of storage space and it was cleaned multiple times daily. It was quiet except for the last night when there was noise periodically throughout the night in the hallway from passengers (trying to live up the last night I suppose). The beds were comfortable and room service is complimentary (but you have to tip the staff). There was wi-fi in the cabin but it was quite expensive at 75cents per minute. The TV had a couple of major channels and 3 all-day movie channels, as well as pay-per-view. The cleaning staff made different towel animals daily to leave on your bed. It was delightful.

I visited Chankanaab National Park in Cozumel. I took a taxi from the port for $8 U.S and the admission is $21 per adult. At the park, there are beautiful beaches, gardens, swimming pool as well as a sea lion show (included with admission). you can swim with dolphins, snorkel ($10 to $15 per person), snuba, scuba dive, and kayak with a guide ($35 per two people). There are plenty of hammocks and beach chairs. The beers were $1.35 each. The park is also not crowded at all! It is a great place for water activities and then just kicking back and relaxing.
Read 3107 Cozumel Reviews

Absolutely a gorgeous place! Beaches at the foot of mountains! Just so beautiful! You must must must visit Dunn's Riverfalls where you can climb up the waterfall from the beach into the mountains. The admission is $15 per person and you will get guides to help you climb the falls. After the climb, you can relax on the beach at the foot of the waterfall. It takes about 45 minutes to get up the falls. It is not difficult but you do want to be cautious on the climb. The guides were doing it barefoot but I would recommend you rent water shoes for $7 a pair. The scenery is just breathtaking.

The only thing I didn't like about Ocho Rios was that everywhere I went, there were people following me around trying to sell me things (crafts, tours, hair braiding, CD's...). They don't take no for an answer either. One man started chatting with me and my sister and we introduced ourselves and said our first names. He immediately pulled out two wood statue carvings and a knife from his pocket and carved our names into the statues. We then felt like we had to buy it. I didn't even know he was going to try and sell me something. One hair-braiding lady followed us around for several minutes on our way into the park and again for several minutes on our way out of the park. By the end of the day, I walked fast and kept my head down and just ignored everyone and everything. Be prepared for this when you visit Ocho Rios.