Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by HCCruise: Eclipse Misses the Mark

Eclipse Misses the Mark

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

For a short cruise, it went fairly well. I enjoyed the ship as it definitely is impressive. Staff kept it very clean. For the most part, the staff was friendly and amenities were excellent.

Food - We ate dinner in the Murano and Tuscan Grill speciality restaurants; the food was superb as well as the staff. Room Service did not get one order correctly during the cruise. Each time I brought it to the attention of the person delivery it, she was quick to say I must have completed the request wrong. Really??

Non-Smoking Policy was published in several places but the staff did nothing to ensure it was adhered to. Many smoked on the balconies, which prevented you from having your cabin balcony door open. The smoking section in the Sky Lounge needs to be moved. I am not sure if it is the air conditioner or what, but the smoke fills the entire bar. As non-smokers, we simply could not go in their. The Captain's party for Elite Members was in this area and we could More only stay a short time.

Pool Area - we were very disappointed that they allowed children and infants in the indoor pool which is suppose to be for Concierge Club members and above only. We saw two infants swimming in the pool with nothing on!!! Later, we saw one of the infants with several children in the hot tub. I spoke with the Pool Butler and he quickly told me his supervisor approved it because the weather was too chilly for them to use the outdoor pool. When I asked to speak with his supervisor, he quickly dismissed me and told me I could go look for him.

Entertainment - the shows in the theatre were just okay for the first two nights, but the last night they did a fantastic job with their version of Cirque de Soleil.

Cruise Director - was just plain bad. His jokes were inappropriate and he was boring. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9)