Carnival Valor Cruise Review by reagan's mom: Not disappointed

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Not disappointed

Sail Date: April 2011

This cruise reflected my previous experiences with Carnival. The food was consistently good, some of which was excellent. The only complaint I had about the food was that sometimes it lacked enough flavor. We ate at the dining room for each dinner and was extremely pleased with our server. We also ate in the dining room for most breakfasts. We enjoyed sitting down and being served, rather than going through the buffet. For lunches we usually tried a variety of stations. We particularly like the Fish and Chips. The Mexican bar (I think this was the last day at sea) was very tasty. And we definitely saved room for dessert that day for the chocolate buffet. It was scrumptious!

We were very pleased with our cabin as well. We had a balcony room on the Empress deck. I would highly recommend booking a room on this floor. It was an ideal location for getting from place to place. We rarely used the elevators, since we only had a flight or two of stairs to take to get More anywhere we were going. Our cabin stewart was very efficient and we had no complaints here.

NIghtly entertainment was hit or miss. At the beginning of the trip there were two comedians that were hilarious, but the two at the end of the cruise were luke warm funny. We made it to a couple of shows in the main theater and they were okay; entertaining enough, but ready for them to end.

Embarkation on the Valor was the easy enough. We got there before noon and had to wait a little while to get on but everything went smoothly. Debarkation was extremely easy. The easiest of any disembarkation I've had before.

Overall, our family had a great time! My parents who had not cruise before are discussing planning their next cruise. My husband, who had also not cruised before and was a skeptic, would also cruise again. So I think everyone had a great time!

I would definitely recommend the Valor. We had a blast! Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Empress

We booked a Cave Tubing excursion through Carnival. We rode about 1 1/2 hours from port to the cave tubing sight. The bus we took was very nice and air conditioned. The guides on the bus gave us a lot of information about Belize and its history..very interesting. The cave tubing was fun. The hike to the actual tubing was not difficult, just a little awkward caring the tube. The tubing was fun and easy. We just sat in the tube and our guide did all the work. A couple of the areas were shallow so "bottoms up" was necessary sometimes. The did a little walking around the city when we returned from the cave tubing. There was not much there. I would recommend booking some sort of tour in Belize. My family did not and didn't spend much time in the city for lack of things to do. So they returned to the ship.

We booked an excursion through Carnival; Beach break deluxe. We boarded a bus which drove us to a developed beach area. All food and drinks were included for the day. There was also lounge chairs and water sports for our use. It was a nice relaxing day. The price was probably more than it was actually worth, but we didn't mind so much because we didn't have to plan anything. Just drink, eat, and float on a raft. That's pretty much what we did and it was fun for us!
Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

We just walked around and shopped. Bought rum cake and sauces. Ate and drank at Margaritaville, which was overpriced. My husband wished we had spent more time on the ship and enjoyed our solitude. Both of us had been to Grand Cayman a couple times before so didn't feel the need to book an excursion to do something we'd already done. So the 3 rating is really our own faults.

We went to the Mahagony Beach and lounged out. We had debated on going to another beach by taxi and wish we had. This beach was crowded and didn't offer much. The shops there was touristy. This could have been another day we could have stayed on the ship. It was fine, but not a highlight of the trip.
Read 1646 Roatan Reviews