Costa Pacifica Cruise Review by fice: Good people - Bad Line

Good people - Bad Line

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

I took 3 years to find the time, the cruise and the money for what was supposed to be the experience of my life.

An 11 nights cruise to Egypt, Holyland, Izmir and Athens, in the Costa Pacific, "the ship of the music".

We live in South America, so besides the $ 2,600 of cruise, have to add $ 2,000 for air tickets ( the cheapest ones ) Everything was OK until early January when disturbs in Cairo began. I checked Costa website everyday, but no warnings appeared, but when 90 days cancellation frame was over, immediately received "sorry, no Egypt" but 2 nights at Israel, and later "sorry, no Israel". I wanted to cancel or modify the cruise and they said "ok, we keep the $ 800 deposit"

However, I just could read at a Costa book in the cruise, that cancellation fee for Europe was only 30 euros within 45 days from departure.

My recommendation with Costa is "look at the small printing" every word in their favor, they will take.

Regarding the cruise, it was More good, but how can you compare the pyramids and Jerusalem against a boring place like Limassol. Food was good, entertainment fair, and I must recognize this cruise was fun at nights.

And what about our travel agency, American Airlines ? They helped nothing.

I almost forget, Athens call was only 6 hours because of a "metallurgic workers" strike that nobody on town knew about.

PS Please, forgive my English, I speak Spanish. Less

Read more Costa Pacifica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Pacifica Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Pacifica Inside Alhambra Deck

I paid for inside 2418. It was terrible, Hulk lives above this cabin and he never sleeps. Neither you. After 2 impossible nigths, I complained and they gave me 1302, window cabin, HUGE because its the same size that balconies without the balcony.