Carnival Valor Cruise Review by waxtop: Love Carnival... hate Carnival Valor!

Carnival Valor 4
waxtop
Member Since 2011
0 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Love Carnival... hate Carnival Valor!

Sail Date: May 2011

The embarkation should have given us a hint as to what kind of cruise it was going to be. After filling out the required paperwork, we were told to wait in the waiting room and we would be called to embark. We waited (my wife, Linda, and me in a wheelchair) for 45 minutes, when another woman asked us why we were waiting. We told her, and she replied that we could have gone on as soon as our paperwork was finished! "Sorry", she said.

As soon as we were aboard, the VERY FIRST THING we did was to obtain seasick pills from the purser's desk, as Linda easily gets seasick. We were informed that they cost $3.29 for 4 pills. We never paid for them in the past! We ended up buying 4 packs.

We then went to see the Maitre D to change our table from a 4-top to a 2-top, as I was uncomfortable with my handicap. When we went to dinner the first night, we sat at a 2-top... but another 2-top was approximately 8 inches from us. It was a 4-top with a little space between them, More and it was serviced as a 4-top! Our head waiter made a snide comment and smirked when Linda ordered two entrees. Our water was filled quickly and efficiently for the first day, but after that, forget it! The waiter saw that I couldn't cut my meat and Linda had to cut it for me, so he stepped in and cut the meat for me... the first night! After that, he presented my plate to Linda to cut, and told her that she would get hers when she was finished! My glass was empty for long periods of time. The interactive TV that presented the next night's menu was wrong on three different nights (luckily we had cruised enough times to KNOW what we were having!)

When we went into the Bronx bar to watch a Yankee game, of all things, all 9 screens were tuned to the basketball playoffs. We asked and was told no.

All in all, we were VERY disapointed in this last cruise, but know that Carnival is really a great Cruise line, and we can hardly wait for our 2012 cruise... just NOT on Carnival Valor! Less

Published 05/15/11

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 4E1216 Interior

Great cabin. We were upgraded to a 2-portal cabin from an inside cabin, and was pleasantly surprised. It even had a sleeper sofa for another person.

Read All Interior (4E) Reviews >>