Ocean Princess Cruise Review by oldie41

Cruise Date: March 2011
Embarkation: Hong Kong
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Ocean Princess Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Ocean Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ocean Princess Deck Plans
Sick Ship
We boarded the Ocean Princess in Hong Kong in perfect health. Within a few days, we, along with many others on board were struck down with a severe case of the flu which left me with a terrible cough I could not get rid of. The air conditioning in the ship was so cold it was impossible to get warm and we had to ask for additional blankets just to sleep at night. I visited the Doctor and was given antibiotics, nasal spray and an inhaler which I have never had in my life. Nothing made any difference.

I felt very isolated as I could not stop coughing, so refrained from going to many activities as I did not want to pass my germs on to other people. Two nights before we landed in Singapore my husband came down with severe food poisoning which he is convinced he got from some watermelon he had on board which was not fresh. The Doctor tried to tell us he had contacted a Norovirus in Koh Samui and really read him the riot act and treated him like a small child. All he ate or drank in Koh Samui was one orange juice as he was already feeling unwell and since I had the same we are sure it was not that. We were made to feel like Lepers, confined to our cabin, had people come in at midnight to casually wipe down a few doorknobs and walls which suposedly was supposed to "sanitise" the room. We were made to wait until everyone else got off the ship then we were escorted to a separate gangplank and placed in a taxi.

Within two days of getting off the ship we had both fully recovered so we are convinced that the ship is indeed "sick". I would be very interested to hear if anyone else had the ame experiences we did as we know the Doctor's surgery on board was full every time we went there. This is my foirst experience travelling with Princess and I am very wary about travelling with them again.

Publication Date: 05/14/11