Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by ButterflyMom

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by ButterflyMom
Celebrity Summit
Celebrity Summit
Member Name: ButterflyMom
Cruise Date: April 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: C3

Not our best cruise.
I had high expectations for this cruise because I had never booked a Concierge Class cabin before. When I booked this cruise Celebrity was running a $150 OBC for ocean view. When we arrived and got into our room I checked the front desk to make sure the credit was applied, it was not. I spent the whole cruise with my TA who was trying to square things away with Celebrity. The OBC was never applied to my account. Celebrity told my TA that the OBC did not cover this particular cruise. I saved the email so I know that is not true.

Our cabin Stuart serviced us like he had just started his job that day. He never unlocked the mini-bar and he put rotten bananas in the room every day. I had to ask him daily for an extra towel and the room wasn't vacuumed daily. He didn't vacuum the balcony rug the whole time we were there.

Room Service: The first couple of days that we ordered room service for breakfast it was nice. The last three times the food was cold and looked like it had been sitting under a warmer for hours. Everything was overcooked and dried out. After that we started having breakfast upstairs.

The mattress in our cabin was awful, it was like sleeping on plywood. When I called the front desk to see if they could replace it they said they had no replacement mattresses. The hairdryer in the room was a hazard, it's about 20 years old and kept sucking my hair into the motor.

Dining Room: We had wonderful Waite staff. Every night they went above and beyond to accommodate. I ordered the sirloin steaks the last three nights and it was overcooked. Everyone at the table said the same thing. We couldn't even cut it with the knife they gave us.

My husband and I both really liked the Itinerary on this cruise. We met a lot of wonderful people. We got a bridge tour that interested my husband, he has been wanting to go on one for a long time.

Docking in Bayonne, NJ was wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise out of that port in the future.

Publication Date: 05/14/11