Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by uscgmom22

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

1st Time Cruise
My husband and I went on our very first cruise the 1st of May for a week in the Eastern Caribbean - we chose our first cruise to be on the Allure of the Seas - and it was the most amazing vacation that I've ever had!

Though there are specialty restaurants onboard, we didn't ever try any of them because the main dining room food (we thought) was great and we didn't feel the need to spend extra money on them. For breakfasts & lunches, we ate in the Windjammer Marketplace (buffet) - the food there was also wonderful and there was plenty of food choices at each meal - so why go elsewhere!

The entire staff & crew onboard were superior in every way - we were truly treated like royalty for the entire cruise...One thing that my husband and I really liked was that each day on the TV's in our room, the Captain of the ship would have a session called the Captain's Log where he would discuss all kinds of different things regarding the Allure - and then he'd finish up by telling us the weather and the sea condition for the upcoming day! He was awesome and very personable as well.

We took the cruise with some friends that had been on 7 prior cruises, some on RC and others on different cruise lines. They were amazed at how awesome the Allure was and all the amenities that were included. They, as well as my husband and I are now hooked on the Allure and are already planning our next years cruise on the Oasis - just to see what that ship is like....

We went to 3 islands that we had alot of fun on, swimming at the gorgeous beaches and also experiencing the shopping - but then on sea days - the cruise director Ken Rush ALWAYS had plenty of activities lined up - there was never one moment that we felt bored....

I could go on and on and on - - but the bottom line is that Royal Caribbean and the Allure of the Seas was beyond anything that I could've imagined my first cruise being....Hubby and I are now hooked on cruising, and even before we disembarked, we started planning our next cruise on the Oasis...

Thanks for building such an amazing ship - - It was GREAT!!!!

Publication Date: 05/14/11