Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by blueyedgal: The cruise was almost to good to be true!!!!

blueyedgal
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Southern Caribbean Cruises

The cruise was almost to good to be true!!!!

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We drove to Fort Lauderdale and parked in the Park N Go because they offered a discount on-line. Free shuttle service to the ship. We arrived at the ship around 12:30 pm and we went through the check-in in record time. We checked out our room on deck 3 and meant our cabin steward-Joel. We went to deck 10 for the buffet and then walked around "The Connie" to see the changes. This is our second voyage on "The Connie". Our luggage finally made it to our cabin around 5:00 PM. I was getting just a little nervous. We changed for dinner and then went to the sail away party with other cruise critic members. We signed up for the 6:00 dinner which is the main seating. We were at a table for 10 and our waiter, Jose and his assistant Dennis were great. They both had a good sense of humor which made our dining experience enjoyable.

Service - Both cabin service and the dining room service was excellent. Our cabin steward-Joel refreshed our ice bucket everyday at 4:00 so that we More could have a cocktail in our room before dinner. In the dining room after the first night our waiter figured it out that we were all lovers of bread sticks so he made sure that there were extra bread sticks every evening. The staff was very attentive.

Port Excursions-We never do sign up for shore excursions. Instead we go outside the gated taxi area and hire a taxi on the outside. It is cheaper and the driver doesn't have to give part of his earnings to the ship.

Entertainment-We are followers of Perry Grant so we were in Michaels Club every night till midnight. We did go to every show in the main theater. The dancers and singers on the ship were fantastic. Lots of energy and very good voices. However, on the first night they sang and danced, the male dancers had large holes in their shirts which I feel should have been addressed before going on stage to perform. The entertainers that Celebrity hired for the cruise were good. Perry Grant did have a show in the main theater and it was good. I feel he is better in the smaller venue because he can interact with the cruisers. My husband and I enjoy hearing him play the piano and singing the "Oldies but Goodies". However, he kept using the same people over and over to "turn on his ball" and that got old because the stories were all the same. He needs to change it up more. and use other new faces. Sue Denning, the cruise director is very talented as a singer. She even had a show in the main theater. Strong voice and very entertaining. She is also a very good and attentive cruise director.

Our dining table had a situation with the maitre-d and we went to Sue Denning and it was handled in less than 4 hours. The restaurant manager even sat with my husband and I for at least 30 minutes and talked to us about the situation and kept apologizing.

I wish cruisers would read and obey the dress code rules. It clearly states that after 6:00 pm in the public areas-shorts, flip flops, jeans (no holes, rips or tears) are permitted. During the day I even saw bear chested men parade around the buffet area in their speedos and some of them shouldn't be wearing them. On formal night in the dining room, people were wearing flip flops, t-shirts,, blue jeans with holes. The staff do not want to "hurt their feelings" but what about the cruisers who do dress according to the dress code. Don't they have feelings? Two couples at our table told us on the first night that they would not be in the dining room for formal night because they do not wish to dress in the appropriate clothes. Instead they ate at the buffet.

Food - Excellent in all areas. In the dining room, on one side of the menu was meals that can be served every night and the other side of the menu there were different meals every night.

Disembarkation - We left the ship at 7:45 am and we were on the interstate at 8:45 am. Very organized in the luggage area and customs was quick.

We will certainly use Celebrity again. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Inside Stateroom Vista Deck (7) 3071

Great storage. The closet was large and the room steward got me more hangers so I didn't have to double up. Very quiet area whereas people on the 9th floor were complaining about the noise level at night because above them is the pool area, disco area and the gym. Something to think about that cruising in the cheap cabins might be the better deal.

(5.5)
We had been there before so we just walked around town. Everyone was very nice and did not try to push us into buying from their stores.
Read 804 Antigua Reviews

It is flat and desert-like. Dry heat. Could not get a good deal on a taxi so we just walked around the town.
Read 684 Aruba Reviews

We have been here before and I would suggest taking a taxi ride around the island. The islanders are very proud of their island and enjoy showing it off.
Read 704 Barbados Reviews

(5.5)
Our first visit. It is known for the best scuba diving. We hired a taxi to show us around the island. He was great. We first went to the salt flats area and then to the other end which had some elevation and some resorts for the divers.
Read 238 Bonaire Reviews

(5.5)
This was our third visit to this island. It is very Dutch. The buildings remind the traveler of Dutch buildings in the Netherlands. Naturally there are the usual stores.
Read 502 Curacao Reviews

This was our first time on this island. It is not as lush and pretty as the previous islands. Our taxi cab driver was very informative.
Read 357 Grenada Reviews

We had been here before also. Get a taxi to ride around the island. It is a beautiful island and of course, lots of shopping.

Best shopping and the prettiest beaches. I have been looking for a pair of garnet earrings (my birthstone) for the last 3 years and a jeweler here offered to make me a pair after I described how I wanted them to look. Garnets are not an expensive stone so I was surprised that he wanted to do this for me. Excellent service.