Carnival Victory Cruise Review by kmac22

Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6A

First Cruise, But Overall Very Impressed
I just returned from the carnival victory cruise that sailed May 1st to the 8th. I am a 22 year old female who has travelled a lot, but this is my first cruise. Boarding the boat was easy, we boarded around 1 pm and went up to Lido deck 9 for lunch from the Buffet before our rooms were ready at 2:30. If you are planning on bringing your allowed bottle of wine on the ship, make sure you have it in your bag while checking in. When we were checking our bag in before we boarded the boat, the attendant took my carry on that contained my bottle of wine. I explained that my wine was in there, and he said he would deliver it to my room. When my bags were delivered to my room, there was a notice saying that they confiscated my bottle of wine because it was in my bag. I called to explain and they said at this point there was nothing they could do and I could pick it up at the end of the trip.

The room was more spacious then I had expected, with a decent size washroom and closets. I shared a room with a family member and we had two double beds and a full size couch. Our Steward soon knocked on the door to introduce him self and go over a few important things. One thing that I did found unnecessary is how the Stewards cleaned the rooms twice a day. Once in the morning between 8-11 and then again in the evening between 6-9. I found this annoying because on many occasions I was getting ready for dinner and he would want in to clean our room, then would ask when we would be leaving so he could come in. Although I appreciate the desire to have the guests taken care of, two room cleanings a day seemed like a waste of resources in my opinion.

The food overall was good. We had the 8:15 sitting at the Atlantic dining room, and had excellent service from Neil and Martin. The food was most days okay, but always had lots of options. The beef and red meat was usually my favourite on the menu, I ordered the chicken on a few occasions and was not impressed. The buffet was good, always lots of options. I did not purchase the unlimited bubbles card for $50 which got you unlimited Soda the whole trip.I am not much of a soda drinker and with the free juices with breakfast,lemonade (Very good) on deck 9, and water I didn't have the urge for a pop once. The grill on Lido deck had great chicken fingers, and you could make some really good Chili Cheese fries with what they had.

The entertainment overall was really good. You could tell that they always put a lot of time and effort into the shows, with the multiple multiple costume and wig changes and the very professional looking sets. All the Punchliner comedian shows were very good, I recommend seeing these. One of our favorite things to do in the evening was watch the Superstar Live Karoke in the Adreatic lounge. It was Karaoke with a live band and backup singers, and JoJo was a awesome host! The legands show on the last night was also a highlight, with some really good singers that were all other guests on the ship. We watched majority of the singers throughout the week in Karaoke so it was cool to see them on stage during the Legends show. At first I found the cruise director `karl with a K`a little on the annoying side, but I grew more found of him and his cheesy jokes and over enthusiastic self throughout the trip.

The Arctic Disco was always busy and played great music, it was a good place to party and end the nights. The casino alwayss seemed full and I spend a little bit of time there!

Publication Date: 05/14/11