Disney Wonder Cruise Review by dancingrvers: Disney Disappointment

Disney Disappointment

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We are avid Royal Caribbean cruisers...but I sooo love Disney that we decided to try one when it came to this side of the world. We went on board, expecting a lot of Disney to be the decor and theme of the ship, but it was limited. Also, the Disney Wonder looked and felt like an old ship. We were disappointed with the upkeep - lots of items in and around the ship were in need of repair. No wonder it is going into dry dock the end of the Alaska run.

The shows were spectacular, the food as good as other cruises, the staff were just as friendly, but I must admit - too many kids...I know, what does one expect on a Disney ship, but other ships you hardly see the kids as they are all in their adventure clubs...but it seems like the kids did not stay in the clubs on the Wonder.

Music was below par - one overall kind of music - rock and roll- was prevalent...

Lots of Mickey Mouse and the characters. Animator's Palette restaurant was amazing.

I enjoyed the More cruise - after all it was a cruise- but I would not sail with Disney again. Less

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Wonder Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck Six

dark, dull, old interior. In need of repair. Lots of closet space.

Swim with the dolphins - amazing! Port was very clean. It was a little intimidating to see such young soldiers with guns.....

Clean, the tour we took to Paradise Village Beach Resort was excellent.