Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by mikeandtams: Spirit delivered dream vacation

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Spirit delivered dream vacation

Sail Date: May 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

Embarkation: New Orleans,parked at Fulton Street parking 84.00 for 1 week, they loaded our bags and provided free shuttle to the port,checked in around 11:15 or so and we were on board exploring a few minutes later.

Room: We wanted a balcony this cruise and so we booked 10016, great room, the bed is much bigger than any Queen size I have ever seen and quite comfy, 2 chairs and a table on the balcony perfect place to enjoy our 1st cup of coffee each morning. Room steward was Benjamin and he was amazing! 2 towel animals left each day for us along with a little note each day when we returned from each port just to say welcome back and I hope you had a wonderful day. It meant the world to us, really!We never had to ask him for anything because he took care of it all.

Ship Overall: Beautiful!! The decor onboard is really nice,very easy to navigate yourself around. Tons of options to eat but I have to say we found the Garden, Windows, Raffles and the Blue Lagoon to be some More of our favorites, good options,great flavor and excellent service. Le Bistro is probably the best of all the specialty dining rooms, in my opinion. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the Taste of India but we did not take part in that one. The casino was fun but do not expect a windfall, we won some and lost some but it was very nice late at night,they had snacks available, usually sandwiches,cakes,coffee and such. I personally loved the cheescake with blueberries in Blue Lagoon, spinach dip was a big hit with me also.

Staff: Wow, I do not know if I can say enough about the staff, I already mentioned Benjamin our room steward, the wait staff,the bar staff,photographers all of them were so nice, not just polite but seemed to be having as good of a time as the guests! I love you Mr. Excellent aka Wakey Wakey eggs and bakey, he got me excited for the day. Kyle is the spirits Cruise Director,very funny has lots of great game shows,line dancing,country night,trivia,scavenger hunts, you name it and it was available if you wanted to participate,amazing shows onboard that you really should see. John, the hotels director on the spirit has a box in the Atrium called Dear John where you can write a letter about anything,complaints,problems or compliments, he reads them each and everyone and responds to them all, he said they are there to provide dream vacations to the guests and they ALL did just that. Way to go John, you and your entire staff!!

Excursions: We did an excursion in every port so I will break it down that way for you. All of our excursions except Costa Maya were booked thru NCL, it was just more convenient and we didn't have to worry that if something unforeseen happened we wwould be left behind you know.

Costa Maya: We did a beach break I found online "Pez Quadro" it is at the 40 cannons hotel,it was 35.00 per person,included all of our drinks,nachos and chips and salsa, Palapa and a beach bed. Francisco is the Manager and he will take amazing care of you. Nancy is also there and she does the massages, 20.00 for 1 hour full body massage, omg it will make you weak in the knees it was so good! Francisco we will be back

Roatan: We did Tabayana Beach and Snorkel, this included the snorkeling with a guide and if you have never snorkled before they will be your buddy and hold your hand the whole way. Alejandro saw that my husband was having problems with his mask due to him having to wear his glasses ( can't see without them) so he loaned his very expensive mask to my husband for the duration of the day so he could snorkel and wear his glasses! Lunch was very good.

Belize: We did the Lost canopy tour, Ziplining and Rappelling, so cool. We boarded a bus and headed out with Rupert at the wheel and Ruel as our guide, long bus ride and very bumpy for the last 30 minutes or so but so entirely worth it. Very knowledgeable guides and very amusing. It was something that had been on our bucket list forever. They also served lunch, chicken and beef kabob fajitas and a really good punch.

Cozumel: We did bottom fishing,I think everyone caught something , a little rough water but a fun day, you have beer,sodas,chips and snacks,waters and juice on board.The shopping in cozumel was fantastic but make sure you look around for the best price.

All in all in was defenitely the vacation we have dreamed of taking and so glad we did it! We paid the deposit for our next NCL cruise so we will looking to book again soon. I read lots of reviews of this ship before I left and wasn't sure what to expect, you will see rust here or there, you may experience something that is gonna make you unhappy but let them know if you do and they will address it I promise you that. The ship is clean,fun and exciting. Enjoy it! Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Ten 10016

large shower,small toilet area but manageable,great bed and small pull out sofa Deck 10 room 10016,very quiet close to elevators