Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Chirpbird: Valor Mostly Pleasant

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Valor Mostly Pleasant

Sail Date: May 2011

Just back from Carnival Valor (May 1 to Western Caribbean). Overall, I enjoyed myself thoroughly. The food was excellent, the boat was clean and sparkling, and there were plenty of chairs available whenever I wanted them.

The cons, and they are tiny, don't book 9260. The bathroom flooded even with short, 5 min, showers, and there is some kind of crew staging area right next door. I was often awakened (momentarily) at 5 am. Lastly, I noticed the movement of the boat far more than on my first cruise. I was never seasick; I just noticed the movement. It wasn't rough seas, so I can't explain it.

The pros, and they are many, far outweigh any minor inconvenience. The food is superb. We often couldn't decide on an appetizer or dessert, and had to order two. Scarlett's is not to be missed. I gained 12 lbs. :-D

We did excursions in all ports except Grand Cayman. We did a self-guided tour in Roatan, Isla Pasion Twister in Cozumel and Cave Tubing in Belize. All More excursions were fun in different ways, with each of us claiming a different as our favorite. In Grand Cayman, we just went to the beach. It was the best beach of all in my opinion. Lots of shade available.

I always found something to do, but in my case I often wanted to do nothing. I watched movies under the stars and enjoyed that quite a bit, too. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Interior Lido 9260

Don't book this cabin. The bathroom floods with even the shortest shower, and there is a crew staging area right next door. I never heard the elevators or the washer/dryers.