There is a lot to like on the Ruby Princess but there are some little things that could be improved. There are so many reviews of the Ruby Princess already posted that I will limit my comments. All in all a very nice cruise.
What could be improved:
1) If you sailed with Princess before you know that the first night out on the buffet they usually serve lobster claws; it would be nice if they also gave you utensils to open them with. If you ask, the buffet staff will tell you to put the claws in your napkins and hit them with a knife. Tacky!
2) The men’s spa area was constantly out of towels and there were no keys available for the lockers.
3) The two cabins next to ours were adjoining rooms so the balcony doors were open as well; they banged with the wind all night long and although we requested this be fixed it was not.
4) Balcony doors stick and are extremely hard to open.
5) We had a charge on our statement from a bar that we had never even been to; this took a full day to resolve but finally was.
6) Tender tickets for Princess Cay were given out but nobody bothered to look at them so herding everyone into one location to pick them up was unnecessary.
7) The Ruby Princess is decorated very neutral which translates to boring; no wow factor.
8) The Anytime Dining does not work as well as NCL’s Freestyle Dining. We had to wait for a table several nights but not too long.
9) Buffet staff is actually too attentive; if you get up because you forgot something your plate will be immediately removed.
What we liked:
1) Movies Under the Stars; nice option and a break from the Production shows.
2) Dining room food was good and there were a lot of options.
3) Buffet food was very good; much better than most ships we have been on and there are plenty of vegetarian items all clearly labeled for those on alternative diets.
4) Debarkation was a breeze.
5) Very much appreciated that there was fish available at the Princess Cay beach buffet.
6) We loved the great adult only areas on this ship; mostly the pool by the spa where no children are allowed.
7) The British Pub lunch in the Wheelhouse Bar was great.