Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by bailey3310

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by bailey3310
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: bailey3310
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: 08
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First Time Celebrity/Newer Cruiser
This was my second ever cruise, but, first with Celebrity (first cruise was RCI). I traveled with family that sailed Solstice previously and they highly recommended the ship so I felt safe with my decision. I traveled with my boyfiend (30's), sister and her boyfriend (40's) and my parents (60's). We visited San Juan, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

I thought the food in the main dining room was very good. We also dined at Murano and Silk Harvest. I did my research prior to our cruise and read that the lobster prepared table-side at Murano's was not too be missed. I was surprised when I felt the dish was too rich for my tastes. The service at both restaurants was absolutely impeccable. We all raved about Silk Harvest afterward and would definitely return to both.

My boyfriend and I had the classic beverage packages. The reason we chose the classic is that we are not big wine drinkers. It covered almost everything that we like to drink and it worked out well for us. We never had any problems getting drinks and all bar staff and cocktail servers seemed to be knowledgeable about the program.

The service on the ship was very good to excellent. I noticed a different type of atmosphere than my one Royal Caribbean sailing. The majority of the staff seemed a bit less friendly on Celebrity, but not in a bad way, just different.

I thought the entertainment on the Solstice was very, very good. Only having one other cruise to compare it with, it was by far much better. We also enjoyed the lawn games that Solstice had to offer as well as the trivia. We are a family that enjoys gambling so the Casino got the better of a few of us.

We got to San Juan later that expected due to the conditions of the seas so it was close to 6 p.m. before we got off and that left us with only a few day light hours and I believe that most excursions were cancelled. We shopped in St. Thomas as well is in St. Maarten. We also headed to Orient Beach in St. Maarten which was beautiful.

I think we would all agree that we definitely would return to Celebrity.

Publication Date: 05/14/11