Carnival Pride Cruise Review by LuvAll: 30th Birthday cruise Celebration!

LuvAll
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 2.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

30th Birthday cruise Celebration!

Sail Date: May 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My family and I (about 12 of us total) booked this cruise last year through a travel agent for my 30th birthday. It was everyones first cruise with the exception of my parents who are platinum members. It was affordable and since we live in DC being able to leave from Baltimore was definately an added bonus.

We left May 1st. Embarkation was quick and easy. Everyone was so nice from the time we got out of our car. We were able to immediately go check out our room which was neat and clean with the exception of a few random fruit loops under the bed... We went to the Camp Carnival orientation with 5 children in our group. The counselors were fun and explained every detail of the Camp experience. Our kids were excited to see our towel animals every night.

Next thing I knew we were on our way right on time. I took pictures of us going under the Key Bridge and Bay Bridge which was really cool. It was raining when we left so we came back inside and there was plenty More of things to keep us occupied. Our luggage arrived at our room before 7pm. Our server in the restaurant was amazing. He was with us the entire trip. He almost became part of our family. Our room steward was the same way. I wish I could request the both of them for our next cruise!

The food....there was an endless supply, and it was (almost) all delicious! If you didn't like something you can request something else and it's no problem. Perfect for my picky kids.

People were constantly cleaning on the ship. The public areas were clean. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Empress

Our room was very spacious even with the 4 of us in it. There was a queen bed, a twin, and then a twin bunk bed that the steward pulled from the ceiling each night while we were at dinner. The bathroom was small but it wasn't unbearable. There was plenty of closet space and we just slid our luggage under the bed after we unpacked. We had a great view. The balcony had 2 chairs and a little table. At one point 6 of us were out there standing. My room was decorated for my birthday when I walked in I was so suprised that they took the time to do that!

Another beautiful port with beautiful people. There were shops at the dock but they were expensive. That was their loss. Again there were people selling things on the beach but not anywhere near the amount at Nassau. The water was a lot more calm and the kids had a lot more freedom to play close to the shoreline. We left at 2pm. I wish we could have stayed there longer.
Read 771 Freeport Reviews

Simply beautiful. We stayed arrived at 7am, left at 7pm. We took a limo to the beach which amused the children to no end. It only cost us $4 per person and we felt like VIP's. The people on the island were so friendly. There was a HUGE shopping area near the dock. There were a lot of people selling jewelry, t-shirts, etc on the beach. It got annoying after a while but you can just ignore them. It was warm and sunny. The waves were really rough that day. The kids had to be closely monitored there because we were afraid they would get washed out to sea! We walked to Atlantis and walked through the aquarium which was amazing. We got an insider tip that if you go after 5pm security is relaxed and you don't have to pay. The resort is amazing! Everything turned out fine and they were exhausted when we got back to the ship.
Read 2609 Nassau Reviews

Beautiful port, very easy to get to the beach. There were shuttles waiting. $4 per person. We went to Jetty state park. The beach was so empty it was almost like we were on a private resort. It was sunny and beautiful. It was easy to get back to the ship.