Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by MLZ: Not My Style
Member Since 2010
Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises
Not My Style
A bit about us; my husband is 64 and I am 58. I have been on 8 cruises, 5 on Norwegian, one on Celebrity, one on Royal Caribbean, and one on Carnival. (He has been on 3) We are active people and have traveled extensively throughout the world. Before I go on a trip I thoroughly research everything about it. I was worried by the mixed reviews of the ship, and now that I have cruised on the Epic I agree with those Cruise Critic passengers that did not like it.
The Norwegian Epic is not for everyone; and it certainly wasn't for me. Although we had a great time, the service was excellent and the entertainment plentiful, the ship leaves much to be desired. I could just see the cruise designers now as they were planning the Epic:
1. Let's create a bathroom situation in the balcony cabins that affords no privacy---even for a couple who have been married for some time. Let's put a plastic door around the toilet so that there is no sound-proofing. Also, let's put the More toilet near the head of the bed. Let's put the sink away from the toilet and in the room. The bathroom situation is just plain crazy.
2. Let's make the cabin so narrow that two people are physically unable to pass each other in the cabin. One either has to walk to the other end of the room or another person has to climb over the bed.
3. Let's eliminate beautiful outdoor spaces for deck chairs.
4. Let's build small tiny swimming pools where one is unable to swim.
5. Let's create an atmosphere where you do not even think you are on a cruise ship, no beautiful open windows, everything has a closed in feeling.
6. Let's not build a jogging track that goes around the ship. Instead, let's create a strip of space on the 7th deck where the sea is obscured with life boats and has vents emitting fried food odors while you are jogging.
7. Let's create a boring menu in the included dining rooms (only 2-3 items change each night) as well as the buffet so that everyone pays to go to the extra fee dining options.
8. In fact, let's try to charge extra for everything; even the behind the scenes tour of the ship is $55.00 extra per person.
This ship is for you if you like a Las Vegas style party ship with lots of activities, alcohol, and gambling. Less
Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>
Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Family Balcony Stateroom Deck 14 10317
At the back of the ship. See review for bathroom, size,etc.
Port and Shore Excursions
Caribbean Princess is a Fine S...
Fine Cruise on the Magic
Not as Good as Breakaway
2nd Trip on Epic!
Mostly Positive First Experien...