Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by glq1946: First Time Cruise

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First Time Cruise

Sail Date: May 2011

This was our first cruise. Royal Caribbean was recommended by our neighbors who have been on more than 20 cruises. We traveled with 5 other couples, our neighbors among them.

Checking in was very quick. Our room was ready. Luggage arrived late afternoon.

The staff was wonderful. The service was great. The food, both in the dining room and in the Windjammer was fair. I would rate it 6 on a scale of 1-10.

The shows were good. The choreography was excellent.

The bars serve a heck of a drink. I thought the prices were reasonable.

The room was like being in a pop top camper. We booked an inside cabin. The bed was nearly on the floor and very hard, although I must say, I slept very well. The bathroom was small but adequate. I would definately recommend booking a larger room.

The ship is one of the oldest in the fleet. However, it's clean and well maintained. There aren't enough elevators. Trying to get from deck to deck is impossible and extremely More frustrating. Coco Cay was great except for the seagulls. During the meal, which is at picnic tables outside, the gulls are everywhere. They're on the ground around the tables, hovering over your table, and if given the opportunity, will steal the food right off your plate. I had one swoop down and steal a hamburger off my plate. They need to get rid of the birds.

Lastly, disembarking was exasperating. We waited nearly an hour to get off the ship. It took another half hour to locate our bags, and the line going through customs wasn't moving. To make matters worse, one of the customs officers left, slowing the process further.

The overall experience was good. Given the number of people, the staff was excellent. We had fun and booked another cruise while on board. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 2 5449

The inside cabins are very small. I'm a big guy, 280 lbs. My wife and I could barely pass each other in the cabin. This was a 4 day cruise, so the closet and drawer space were adequate. Any longer and you wouldn't have enough hanging or drawer space. The bathroom and shower are small, but I fit with a little room to spare. We chose not to separate the bed. This leaves a very small aisle on one side of the bed. However, it was sufficient. The mattress was very firm. The A/C was great! We like it cold with extra blankets, so it was perfect. I would recommend booking a larger cabin.

We had been to Key West before. We both love it. Most of our group had never been there, so we did the cultural tour and then did the bar tour. Had a great time.
Read 734 Key West Reviews

We weren't impressed with Nassau at all. We ended up hiring a taxi to take us to the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island. Very impressive.
Read 2631 Nassau Reviews