Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by lexis79: Wouldn't want to risk cruising with any other cruise line!

lexis79
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Wouldn't want to risk cruising with any other cruise line!

Sail Date: April 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: San Diego

This was our first cruise and for a family with a 4 & 6 year old who travelled all the way from Australia to catch an American cruise line through the Panama Canal this was an amazing holiday.

We could not believe the luxury in board the ship; from intriguing and original artwork on each deck (my favourite was a photographic essay at the entry to Martini Bar -Deck 5), to too many bars to frequent, to dining options that kept everyone happy. The amenities on this ship are amazing and for a family that has never cruised before, we tried to experience them all.

The Theatre productions are of such a high standard and allow you the opportunity to see shows you would never normally. Some of what we enjoyed were a ventriloquist and a comedian. The kids were blown away by the Broadway styled singing and dancing shows.

The food was divine at the Trellis restaurant each night. The variety and quality amazed every night and the company of our fellow travellers invited. If More you were too tired to enjoy the three courses at Trellis, there was always fresh sushi and a grill at the Oceanview Cafe. The staff were friendly and generous and there were always plenty of them around.

With 4 of us in the room we used the sofa bed and bunk and found the room spacious enough that we didn't even use all the closet space. There was plenty of shelving and the room got cleaned twice a day by friendly room attendants.

The Fun Factory (Kids' Club) was a dream. Our children loved it and got the experience of making some unique keepsakes from the cruise. The counsellors there really understood children and their needs and the facilities for them such a movies and PlayStation allowed them to enjoy group or quiet time as they wanted. The themed sessions and occasional parental involvement was nice.

My husband and I purchased a Beverage package each and found this added to the ease of the cruise as we never had to sign for a drink, just hand over the card. The cocktail making skills of the staff was great with me often asking for them to make up their own cocktail for me and they always obliged.

The ports of call were well thought out as each one was different and I loved how we would arrive first thing in the morning and have until at least 5pm before leaving. The combination of a cruise day and then a port day worked well as you could explore thoroughly in port as you knew you had the next day to relax by the pool.

On a cruise I think you have to make it your own and with the options, space and amenities on Celebrity Infinity we were able to do that. If the kids were in Fun Factory we could relax by the pool with a cocktail or my husband and i could go our separate ways and he go to the gym and i listen to a fascinating lecture on the wildlife of the local area. We would then pick up the kids for a swim in the pool and get ready for dinner. At dinner we caught up with our table and learnt of their adventures and shared ours.

I loved this cruise because of the places we saw but most of all because of the way we did it. Celebrity made us feel welcome (especially as a young family), looked after us, educated us and feed us well. They allowed us, as parents, to enjoy a holiday knowing that the kids were in good hands. And the staff all appeared happy to be there. Not once did I come across someone who was surly or would not go out of their way to fulfill your request.

In the future I wouldn't risk cruising with any other cruise line. Thank You Celebrity Infinity and your crew. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity 7130

So much closet space even as a family of four we did not fill it. Plenty of shelving and with the room being cleaned twice a day it was never a mess. Beautifully aromatic toiletries and generous use of towels. Great part of the ship with very little movement or noise.

Nice to visit a cosmopolitan city and see some scenic sights such as the Chapel of Peace and Cliff Divers. Get a local gudie who knows the histiry of Acapulco.
Read 149 Acapulco Reviews

I Nice soft introduction to Mexico. Don't miss the fish tacos from smaller vendors and a chance to see some tropical reef fish.

What an amazing history in this part of the world. Need to come again to soak it all in.

A bit of a disappointment after an amazing day cruising through the Panama Canal. But nice to stretch the legs.

Spend the day getting a real feel for Costa Rica and seeing the wildlife and nature. Spens time away from shops and meet the people and places of Costa Rica