Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by OneFoot in Sea,One in Sky

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by OneFoot in Sea,One in Sky
Norwegian Epic
Norwegian Epic
Member Name: OneFoot in Sea,One in Sky
Cruise Date: April 2011
Cabin Category: IA
        3-6 5.0

Quick and Dirty review
First, let me say my EPIC vacation went 110 percent perfect.

In hopes you, the CC reader, can learn from my mistakes: here is the two percent that did not go perfect*.

Burned my bare feet on the hot, sun drenched deck around the pool. Wear swim shoes, or at least flip flops. Don't go bare foot.

Choice-wise the main dining room dinner selections were limited. Foodies may be disappointed if they are looking here for new taste sensations.

The so called 'frosted glass' containing the shower is half a peep show. What I glimpsed of my 78 year father-in-law cannot be unseen.

The Howl at the Moon performers boast they can play over 500 songs. Maybe. Maybe not. The stuff they play 'approximates' the songs. Sorta. Kinda.

Still not clear on the drinks prices. My final bill reflected a higher price when it came in a (unwanted) plastic souvenir cup vs. a glass, but not always.

EPIC bounce and climb thing closed for the week. A weather beaten sign hung on them 'closed for maintenance.' I saw no maintenance-like activities anywhere near these items.

Forty (at least) kids squeezed into a the tiny main swimming pool is too many. Where's a fire marshall when you need one? (I'm joking - a swimming pool cannot catch fire. But count for yourself the amazing number of little kids squished into those pools!)

They cancelled an early showing of the Murder Mystery and squeezed every one into the next show. I sat rubbing shoulders with 18 people at a table that should of held 12 or 14. I couldn't move at all since I was surrounded by a sea of similarly crowded tables. Again, where's a fire marshall when you need one?

Why isn't the giant outdoor TV screen at Spice H2O used for it's best purpose? Namely showing movies. Why isn't NCL showing any programming there? What a giant waste.

Why are there extra hostesses standing at the entrance of the dinning rooms doing apparently nothing, certainly not enforcing the dress code. There are many tee shirt and short pants types inside at the dinner hour.

Other than that everything went great.

*does not equal 100 percent due to rounding errors and me trying to squeeze out every last bit of fun from my week on the EPIC.

Publication Date: 05/13/11